Our partner

Pedofile Bars

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Pedofile Bars

Postby the lost world » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Doesn't it strike you as strange that there aren't any pedofile bars?

I mean obviously you couldn't hook up with kids at a pedofile bar, but as far as I'm aware there isn't such a thing as a pedofile bar whre pedofiles could hang with other pedofiles

I wonder if someone could make a killing in a big city like Miami or London by opening an out and out pedofile bar
the lost world
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Pedofile Bars

Postby GinaSmith » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:56 pm

It would be a non-starter. Nobody would show up for fear of getting killed, insurance for the bar would be sky-high, and no company would associate themselves with you in any way whatsoever for fear of damage to their reputation.
GinaSmith
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Greatexpectations » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:00 pm

I don't think that would be a good idea. For a start paedophilia is illegal, and to 'normalise' it by providing a bar well, no way.
Don't you think such a place would be a target for people who dislike child abusers?
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao Tzu
Greatexpectations
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby the lost world » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:05 pm

I love your posts Gina Smith, I fear responding to them, because I'm afraid I'll sound stupid if compared to your eloquence and elocution (if I m even using that word correctly)

But I have to disagree with you here

I think if someone cleverly just used a lot of subtle implication...like call it Lolita's or something and used a lot of symbolism maybe it could work

The UK is a little more aggressive than the US in some ways and I have to keep that in mind. We have more gun crime and homicide, but the pub violence in the UK is epedemic...... a lot more tough guy/ hooligans there

-- Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:07 pm --

Greatexpectations wrote:I don't think that would be a good idea. For a start paedophilia is illegal, and to 'normalise' it by providing a bar well, no way.
Don't you think such a place would be a target for people who dislike child abusers?

Pedofilia is illegal?

That's news to me
the lost world
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby GinaSmith » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Greatexpectations wrote:For a start paedophilia is illegal

Sorry to be a pedant, but paedophilia isn't illegal. Molesting children is. Paedophilia refers to attraction, not an action.

the lost world wrote:I love your posts Gina Smith, I fear responding to them, because I'm afraid I'll sound stupid if compared to your eloquence and elocution (if I m even using that word correctly)

Don't worry about that. A good point is a good point and a bad one is a bad one.

the lost world wrote:I think if someone cleverly just used a lot of subtle implication...like call it Lolita's or something and used a lot of symbolism maybe it could work

There might be something of this nature in Japan. The problem you'd have (at least here in the UK) is that you'd have to get your message across that it's a bar for paedophiles. Eventually it would become common knowledge - effective marketing can't be too selective, otherwise the message is inadequately disseminated, and when you're targeting a diffuse group who could be anywhere and live in secret, how are you going to pull your target group in? Ironically, with a Lolita slant, you'd end up with a bunch of teleiophiles who secretly want to shag schoolgirls instead of their wives, who for one reason either won't 'put out' or refuse to stop ageing. :|

I'm skirting around the main issue though: how big is the target market? I'm sure one of the big drivers behind the rapid increase in acceptance of homosexuality over the past 25 years has been recognition of the potential of the 'pink pound'. Once the business world realised there was a f%^k load of cash to be made, and there was a sufficient platform of acceptability, things took off. We're nowhere near a situation like that with paedophilia, and there haven't even been any proper studies done on prevalence of paedophilia (only studies on convicted child molestors and victims of childhood sexual abuse).

the lost world wrote:The UK is a little more aggressive than the US in some ways and I have to keep that in mind. We have more gun crime and homicide, but the pub violence in the UK is epedemic...... a lot more tough guy/ hooligans there

Well, if you haven't got a gun you've got to resort to fists. Shooting each other dispenses with the need for hand-to-hand combat.
GinaSmith
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby the lost world » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Yes,.....maybe it would become focused toward teliophiles, but it seems like an idea ripe for a marketing campaign

I either have brilliant insight or the stupidest idea ever, but in any case I dont have the funds to find out...I do think some day there will be someone who makes a killing off all this (#######4) and as you say there are already guys in Japan who have found a way to use the concept to do alright for themselves
the lost world
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby GinaSmith » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:58 pm

the lost world wrote:Yes,.....maybe it would become focused toward teliophiles, but it seems like an idea ripe for a marketing campaign

I either have brilliant insight or the stupidest idea ever, but in any case I dont have the funds to find out...I do think some day there will be someone who makes a killing off all this (#######4) and as you say there are already guys in Japan who have found a way to use the concept to do alright for themselves

Well, I'm a business owner and entrepreneurial type, and I wouldn't touch such a venture with a sh*tty stick. But maybe I'm missing a trick... :)
GinaSmith
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Kristoff1235 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:00 am

ya, i think it should stay how it is, until the understanding increases....
Kristoff1235
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Scr3w3dUp » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:23 am

Your forgetting one very important thing ... Mass triggers. You put 50 criminals in a room together and there is gonna be a bank robbery sometime that week. You put 50 pedophiles in a room together and .... I don't wana think about that.

Not all pedophiles are against sexual abuse. Some of them would love the chance to get with a child and do his/her dirty deeds. You put someone who is on the edge of offending in a room full of people with ideas of their own and next thing you know some little girl/boy comes up missing a week later. God forbid it be a pedophile who likes forced sex and pain :(

I wouldn't be caught dead at a bar like that and not because I fear others, because I fear the things I would hear.
Scr3w3dUp
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby GinaSmith » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:02 am

Scr3w3dUp wrote:Your forgetting one very important thing ... Mass triggers. You put 50 criminals in a room together and there is gonna be a bank robbery sometime that week. You put 50 pedophiles in a room together and .... I don't wana think about that.

Not all pedophiles are against sexual abuse. Some of them would love the chance to get with a child and do his/her dirty deeds. You put someone who is on the edge of offending in a room full of people with ideas of their own and next thing you know some little girl/boy comes up missing a week later. God forbid it be a pedophile who likes forced sex and pain :(

I wouldn't be caught dead at a bar like that and not because I fear others, because I fear the things I would hear.

A very good point. To give another example, someone recently mentioned a 'girl love' site on here. I checked it out to see what kind of things they were discussing. I felt very uncomfortable and didn't like it. A load of guys being either very cavalier, downright tasteless/heartless/crass or just plain banal. Don't get me wrong, I think everyone is entitled to feel comfortable with their sexuality, and if the only way of attaining that feeling is to vent by saying things like 'phwooah, I'd love to shag her' within the context of a special interest forum, then I guess I'd rather that than they were out trawling the streets trying to pick up children. But I personally didn't feel comfortable there and I much prefer being here to support (and gain my own support through supporting).
GinaSmith
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Paraphilias Forum