Our partner

Are there different levels?

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Are there different levels?

Postby Neverfeelaccepted » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:12 am

Somehow I feel there is different levels of pedophilia. Some more serious than others. Is this true or not officially ? I wish there was a class you could take to know for sure if you may be one and what you can do about it freely without worry. I think this would help so many. Though I never seen anything out there like this.

Now this doesn't have to be just about pedophilia anything similar. Support groups for each one would be nice but I doubt there would be enough people. I hope one day this is possible.
Neverfeelaccepted
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Are there different levels?

Postby necrofairy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:23 am

I know for necrophilia there are different levels. There are 3 types of necrophiliacs. The first is homicidal necrophilia, self explanatory, the second are necrophilic thoughts/fantasies/urges, I have them all. The third is to commit necrophilic acts, it doesn't have to be intercourse, any sexual act with a corpse is necrophilia. I can't say for pedophilia, there probably are levels too, but I can only speak about what I know.
necrofairy
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Neverfeelaccepted » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:52 am

necrofairy wrote:I know for necrophilia there are different levels. There are 3 types of necrophiliacs. The first is homicidal necrophilia, self explanatory, the second are necrophilic thoughts/fantasies/urges, I have them all. The third is to commit necrophilic acts, it doesn't have to be intercourse, any sexual act with a corpse is necrophilia. I can't say for pedophilia, there probably are levels too, but I can only speak about what I know.

That ok I like learning about necrophilic too. I heard of it before but never knew much about it. Good to know. In a odd strange way this kind of stuff fascinates me. My only problem is I wonder why ? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

I do genuinely like knowing about this stuff though. Just wish I could figure out why.
Neverfeelaccepted
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby necrofairy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:57 am

Ah, call it morbid curiosity:D, totally innocent.
necrofairy
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Neverfeelaccepted » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:58 am

necrofairy wrote:Ah, call it morbid curiosity:D, totally innocent.

That is exactly what it is.
Neverfeelaccepted
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Nightstranger » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Neverfeelaccepted wrote:Somehow I feel there is different levels of pedophilia. Some more serious than others. Is this true or not officially ? .

As far as you look on pedophilia as on any other("normal") sexual attractions, everything gets more clear and understandable. And as any other people with attractions towards adults, pedophiles have different capacity to sexual excitement towards children.
There is an article by Jay Feierman in the book he edited ( Jay R. Feierman (ed.), Pedophilia: Biosocial Dimensions, Springer-Verlag, New York (1990)) where he suggests:
"l. Paedophilia is caused by brain chemistry arising before birth: that is,
paedophiles are born, not made.
2)Paedophiles fall within a normal distribution curve for human males
3) Paedophiles are more common than homosexuals
4)Sexual attraction to individuals smaller and more 'feminine' than oneself (including boys and young adolescents) is part of a continuum occurring in all males, not just paedophiles, and thus there is no clear cut-off point between a 'paedophile' and a 'non-paedophile' "( quoted by Sarah D Goode "Understanding and Addressing Adult Sexual Attraction to Children" page 18 )
And so it appears (if Feierman is right), the matter with pedophilia is the same as with homosexuality according to Kinsey scale.
Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. (Andre' Gide)
Nightstranger
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:18 pm

Postby Neverfeelaccepted » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:47 am

Nightstranger wrote:
Neverfeelaccepted wrote:Somehow I feel there is different levels of pedophilia. Some more serious than others. Is this true or not officially ? .

As far as you look on pedophilia as on any other("normal") sexual attractions, everything gets more clear and understandable. And as any other people with attractions towards adults, pedophiles have different capacity to sexual excitement towards children.
There is an article by Jay Feierman in the book he edited ( Jay R. Feierman (ed.), Pedophilia: Biosocial Dimensions, Springer-Verlag, New York (1990)) where he suggests:
"l. Paedophilia is caused by brain chemistry arising before birth: that is,
paedophiles are born, not made.
2)Paedophiles fall within a normal distribution curve for human males
3) Paedophiles are more common than homosexuals
4)Sexual attraction to individuals smaller and more 'feminine' than oneself (including boys and young adolescents) is part of a continuum occurring in all males, not just paedophiles, and thus there is no clear cut-off point between a 'paedophile' and a 'non-paedophile' "( quoted by Sarah D Goode "Understanding and Addressing Adult Sexual Attraction to Children" page 18 )
And so it appears (if Feierman is right), the matter with pedophilia is the same as with homosexuality according to Kinsey scale.

Wow if that is right or they can prove it somehow. Very interesting.
Neverfeelaccepted
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Nightstranger » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:07 am

The Feierman`s book was written more than 20 years ago.
I don`t know exactly, but as I`ve heard, American Administration ceased budgeting the science researches of pedophilia and kid`s sexuality at 2002, despite the fact, that most reliable researches on these issues were made in the USA and Canada...
Nightstranger
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby FreeSpeech8 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:52 pm

Yes, I'm sure there are different levels of pedophilia, but not just two or three but exceedingly more. I've talked to dozens of pedophiles and the majority of them seem to be in control of their impulses and recognize they haven't got a normal sexual preference. Then again, some pedophiles choose to be quite impulsive (I guess this applies to non-pedophile rapists aswell) and let their urges guide them with often disastrous consequences.

When it comes to the nature of sexual attraction to children I definitely see it as a continuum. I know comparing homosexuals and pedophiles is extremely politically incorrect, but the contiuum prospect of that sexuality is visible there too: bisexuals have about 50%/50% attraction to both sexes. The existence of pedophiles, hebephiles and ephebophiles indicates a continuum.
FreeSpeech8
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Nightstranger » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:46 am

I know comparing homosexuals and pedophiles is extremely politically incorrect

I guess there`s some difference between political correctness on the one hand and biology, psychology & sexology on the other.
and recognize they haven't got a normal sexual preference.

Let`s imagine someone who is attracted to teens of 14 y.o. And he lives in a country where age of consent is 16 or 18. Is his sexual preference normal? Is he diseased? Then, let`s imagine, he moves to the country where age of consent is 14 . Is his sexual preference normal now? Has he become more healthy?
Nightstranger
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Next

Return to Paraphilias Forum