Our partner

Am I a female pedophile? Please help xx

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Am I a female pedophile? Please help xx

Postby chinablue75 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Need someone who won't judge me to help please xxx
chinablue75
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Am I a female pedophile? Please help xx

Postby Bird_of_Paradise » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:06 pm

What is the nature of your anxiety? I am here for the same questions.

I'm a female in my late 20s and I have recently had some disturbing thoughts of a sexual nature, such as masturbating while pretending I am a 12-year-old child. That is just one example, but it scared me that I got such a thrill out of it.
Bird_of_Paradise
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Postby Jonathan_Simmons » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:24 pm

[]
Jonathan_Simmons
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Just Me » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:16 pm

No judgments here. Hoping the site picks up in chatter/conversation and has no judgments in fact. Please by all means- share.
Just Me
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Postby nightstrife » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:25 am

Bird_of_Paradise wrote:I'm a female in my late 20s and I have recently had some disturbing thoughts of a sexual nature, such as masturbating while pretending I am a 12-year-old child.

That doesn't sound like pedophilia, unless you also masturbate while imagining your with a 12 y/o child. Maybe not even a problem at all, except that it disturbs you. 12 y/o's can touch themselves, and you're just imagining your one of them. Maybe some sort of sexual regression thing.
nightstrife
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby nightstrife » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:35 am

chinablue75 wrote:Need someone who won't judge me to help please xxx

Have you browsed this forum yet? You're very unlikely to be judged, but you'll have to tell us more to get feedback.
nightstrife
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby ChildSafetyMom » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:33 am

No judgements, but hard to say without details.

To Bird_of_Paradise, it depends on who the 12 year old is in your fantasy. If you alone are the 12 year old that's one thing. But if you imagine yourself with a 12 year old someone (even if it's a 12 year old you), that may fit the description. Is that confusing?

By definition, a female pedophile is a woman who fantasizes about having a sexual experience with a child (anyone under the age of 18). And if YOU are under the age of 18, then the imagined child must be 5 years younger than you for you to be classified as a "female pedophile".

So, I think the classification would have to come from you. Do you think you fit the description?

Hope that helps.
ChildSafetyMom
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:59 pm

Postby Platypus » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:42 am

ChildSafetyMom wrote:By definition, a female pedophile is a woman who fantasizes about having a sexual experience with a child (anyone under the age of 18). And if YOU are under the age of 18, then the imagined child must be 5 years younger than you for you to be classified as a "female pedophile".

Whose definition is this?
The definition in the DSM-IV is a bit different. I don't think having fantasies alone is enough to be diagnosed a paedophile. My understanding is the fantasies must "cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning" or the patient must "act on these fantasies or urges with a child" in order to qualify for the diagnosis of Paedophilia.

Otherwise the patient merely has paedophiliac fantasies, but I don't think that makes them a paedophile. Just as dreaming about murdering your boss doesn't make you a sociopath. :wink:
No diagnosis, lots of opinions, and a bunch of issues that I haven't quite figured out.
Platypus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:59 am

Postby Lonelyrider » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:01 pm

ChildSafetyMom wrote:No judgements, but hard to say without details.

To Bird_of_Paradise, it depends on who the 12 year old is in your fantasy. If you alone are the 12 year old that's one thing. But if you imagine yourself with a 12 year old someone (even if it's a 12 year old you), that may fit the description. Is that confusing?

By definition, a female pedophile is a woman who fantasizes about having a sexual experience with a child (anyone under the age of 18). And if YOU are under the age of 18, then the imagined child must be 5 years younger than you for you to be classified as a "female pedophile".

So, I think the classification would have to come from you. Do you think you fit the description?

Hope that helps.

Being attracted to teenagers under the age of 18 has NOTHING to do with pedophilia. Thats totally wrong! Pedophilia is attraction to pre-pubertal children. 11-12 and below.
Lonelyrider
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby encephalo » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:33 am

Lonelyrider wrote:Being attracted to teenagers under the age of 18 has NOTHING to do with pedophilia. Thats totally wrong! Pedophilia is attraction to pre-pubertal children. 11-12 and below.

Thank goodness for someone getting this across...

We all must also consider the several terms and definitions of a sexual attraction to children, or those that are considered underage in some societies. There are the terms "pedophile", "pedosexual", and "MAP (minor-attracted individual). Whatever the term, the common definition concerns an adult being attracted to children sexually/emotionally, which more often than not entails children undergoing puberty or any time before puberty. After puberty, the child (while still considered a child by some), is then considered an adolescent. This is where the line gets sort of blurred and whacked, but a woman attracted to people below the age of eighteen is a lousy way to define said woman as a "pedophile."

I wish the OP would come out with their concerns, as there seems to be enough interest and concern for him/her/it.

Please feel safe and welcome! The majority of us are unbiased and accepting, non-judgemental. Anyone that throws a foul ball is likely to be shunned, anyway, so don't worry about it. Just let us know your troubles!
I have the right to be playful and frivolous. :)
encephalo
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Next

Return to Paraphilias Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post