Our partner

Sexual Arousal from Extreme Violence?

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Sexual Arousal from Extreme Violence?

Postby Raze » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:47 pm

I have a bit of a problem... I have great difficulty enjoying sex, and part of it is because I can't really get off just focusing on the intercourse itself (which I find repulsive). The only things that really arouse me sexually are extremely violent - things I could never do to a sexual partner and still maintain their safety. I feel distressed and guilty about these fantasies, many of which have to do with torturing and subjugating women - to such extremes of skinning, human vivisection, genital mutilation, etc. I also am aroused by the sight of people being mauled by animals. I'm very confused by these thoughts because they primarily arose within the last year or two, out of the blue (before that, I merely disliked sex and found basically nothing arousing). I have always been by nature a very peaceful, compassionate, gentle person. I rescue animals, volunteer for homeless shelters, write letters and protest human and animal welfare causes, and generally hate the idea of people suffering. Why, then, should such horrible violent thoughts arouse me? Input appreciated!
Last edited by Raze on Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raze
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Raze » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:00 pm

Nothin, eh? I really hope I'm not *that* weird. :lol:
Raze
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby puma » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:23 am

Hi, Raze,
No, you are not weird. Sex and violence are all too common in the intertainment media. Pick up any shlocky paperback novel and you will find graphic descriptions of gruesome violence and kinky sex. Silence of the Lambs! Yeegh!!!
This stuff does have an uncomfortable fascination, or it wouldn't be such a prevalent theme. It is sort of like trying not to think of an elephant. Don't sweat it. In fact, you could write or draw out your fantasies and savour them; get it out of your system. Get some satisfaction in the fantasy world and eventually these things will fade.
Of course, if you keep your creations, keep them in a secure place to avoid embarrassment. :lol:
"So It Goes..." Kurt Vonnegut
http://schizoids.net/forum/index.php
puma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:09 am

Postby loreleivr » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:36 am

I have similar kind of thoughts going through my mind sometimes. So you are not alone.
I too am a gentle type of person, and am disturbed as to why I should think these thoughts. I just try not to think about them but sometimes they just pop into my head for no reason.
loreleivr
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby liamir » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:51 am

Last edited by liamir on Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liamir
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby liamir » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:56 am

liamir
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby pulszer » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:22 am

I have some awful sexual disires. Normaly circling around my own abuse. I am ###$ and degraded, ground into the earth.

but you. (Mod edit)

If you dont want to hurt people, speek to your doctor, get your self castrated. Kill what it is inside you.
"Has sex ever really moved you to a different place?" :|
pulszer
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

shut up

Postby paraphiliac187 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:57 am

Don't listen to that asshole pulszer there is no killing what's inside us. We are who we are. Were you ever abused? I can't get off without thoughts of bondage but you learn to just keep the thoguhts in your head and use them when you need them. Therapy might not be a bad idea though I wouldn't count on the thoughts going away. Try to find a girl who likes it rough, and just show a little restraint so you don't kill the poor girl. Maybe a nice masochist. It's hard to accpet our fate but castration won't get rid of the thoughts. Some people just have heavier crosses to bear than most. Good luck and if you'd like to talk more please feel free to contact me.
paraphiliac187
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Postby two_roads » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:44 pm

sexual adrenaline can be raised by many things :

happiness, violence, sadness, science, art, ..

basically, any sort of environmental stimulus.

so, you are normal in this regard, from the aspect of biology/biochemistry.

the thoughts you are getting are impulses and mental images. don't necessarily have to be fully connected with objective reality.
two_roads
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

believe it

Postby paraphiliac187 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:35 am

This is really ###$ up but i once got a hard-on while cooking hamburg and sour cream out of nowhere. No idea why just wanted to get it on, not with the food but my wife. Too bad i was at work and had to just waste it. So two_roads is absolutely right, sexual adrenaline can come from ANYWHERE :shock: The only thing normal in life is nothing is normal.
paraphiliac187
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Next

Return to Paraphilias Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post