Our partner

Thoughts of being a pedophile? Please read

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
================================================

The Paraphilias Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss paraphilias as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Re: Thoughts of being a pedophile? Please read

Postby Grav3Robb3r » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:42 pm

ParanoidMan-Even if a pedophile has an attraction to an adult, I think most of them still have the primary attraction to children. If anything, they would look at them pretty much equally. I don't think that you fit the bill, and I know I don't. I've done a fair amount of research, and this is my personal opinion:You can either go by the technical pedophilia definition, which is something like "Pedophilia is an attraction to pre-pubescent children, generally under the age of 13. The subject in question must be at least five years older than the child." OR, one can realize that by means of that definition alone, we're all pedophiles. People of ALL ages look at someone that young. Some may think more about the person, some may think less. But thinking "Hey, she doesn't look bad for (put age of choice here)", and then moving on with your day, doesn't make you a pedophile. It's most natural for men to like females. Men have more of a sex drive, it would seem. It's just the way it is. But as long as you aren't wanting to have sex with them all the time, or thinking they're the hottest thing you've seen in the last three months (or something to that nature), you're doing just fine. I think about the only thing between myself and what the characteristics of a pedophile are, is that I think of children as "innocent". However, I do not think of them further as being vulnerable. I like the way that children look at the world. They don't get wrapped up in the BS that older people do, and they just see things for the way they are. But liking that point of view doesn't say anything but, well-I like that point of view. This was just to put in my personal opinion on the matter, and is not intended to offend anyone.
Grav3Robb3r
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Thoughts of being a pedophile? Please read

Postby Grav3Robb3r » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:07 am

Does anybody else have an opinion on this situation?
Grav3Robb3r
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Paraphilias Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post