Our partner

Forum discomfort

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
================================================

The Paraphilias Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss paraphilias as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Re: Forum discomfort

Postby YouthRightsRadical » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:34 am

Of course you're talking about specific people. Just because you don't name names doesn't mean we aren't being called out. Have an ounce of integrity and admit what you're doing.

I make it a policy to never be the one to bring up politics. Basically no matter what board I'm on. I correct misconceptions, and answer both questions and challenges. I'm not needed in most of this board's threads, which is why I don't post in most of this board's threads.

For the record, dealing with this and the other thread today left me literally stressed enough to puke (fortunately made it to the toilet). That doesn't mean I don't stand by every word I've said since arriving, nor does it mean I'm going to back down from further challenges for as long as this account works.
YouthRightsRadical
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:13 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby ElKahn » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:43 am

YouthRightsRadical, I didn't drop names. Just want to make it clear that this is not a thread meant to talk about specific cases or people.

For the record, dealing with this and the other thread today left me literally stressed enough to puke (fortunately made it to the toilet). That doesn't mean I don't stand by every word I've said since arriving, nor does it mean I'm going to back down from further challenges for as long as this account works.

If you really puked then I'm sorry about that. However, I wouldn't suggest to challenge the forum rules, especially now that WichitaLineman talked about the issue.
Not asking to back down, just asking to avoid political issues such as age of consent laws.
ElKahn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:13 am
Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby YouthRightsRadical » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:52 am

I addressed literally everything you just said in the parts of my post you chose not to quote. So, there's really nothing more for me to say to you here.

As to the vomiting, I'll live. Think of it as a reminder of our shared humanity, and the fact that I'm far from invulnerable. You can hurt me. You just can't hurt me enough that I'm going to be willing to shut up.
YouthRightsRadical
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Rinkusu » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:42 am

I cant help but feel like a traitor for clarifying my position earlier. I feel like I'm conforming. Although everything I said really was my honest opinion.

YouthRightsRadical, I cant stop the mods from banning you, and I cant stop you from leaving. But I do hope that you stay.
Rinkusu
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:13 pm

Postby YouthRightsRadical » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:13 am

Rinkusu wrote:I cant help but feel like a traitor for clarifying my position earlier. I feel like I'm conforming. Although everything I said really was my honest opinion.

If that's your honest position, there's no need to apologize for stating it clearly.
Rinkusu wrote:YouthRightsRadical, I cant stop the mods from banning you, and I cant stop you from leaving. But I do hope that you stay.

It's not that I want to go. I'd just rather not drag it out if it's coming.
YouthRightsRadical
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Rinkusu » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:35 am

YouthRightsRadical wrote:If that's your honest position, there's no need to apologize for stating it clearly.

I guess. I just feel guilty. You're willing to stick to your position even if it means being banned from this site. I don't think I could do that.
Rinkusu
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby DeadlyUnicorn1998 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:41 am

I find it sad how anyone can TRY to use a Psychology and Mental Health Forum to promote their agenda. Some users just lack respect or probably don't know what this site is even used for. Shame.
DeadlyUnicorn1998
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:13 pm

Postby Rinkusu » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:49 am

DeadlyUnicorn1998 wrote:I find it sad how anyone can TRY to use a Psychology and Mental Health Forum to promote their agenda. Some users just lack respect or probably don't know what this site is even used for. Shame.

Ugh. DeadlyUnicorn, please just go play with your legos or something.
Rinkusu
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby ElKahn » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:11 pm

Please be nice, Rinkusu
ElKahn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:13 am
Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby BrotherHobo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:08 pm

There are very few places where someone who has a different point of view about non-mainstream sexual preferences can talk about his or her feelings without being made to feel even more alienated than he or she already feels. If, for example, one looks for a forum on consanguineous sexual relationships (incest) what you will find is fifty forums dedicated to helping victims of child rapists, victims of child molesters and victims of various kinds of sexual psychopaths, but very few forums where CONSENSUAL, ADULT CONSANGUINEOUS RELATIONSHIPS (NOT CHILD ABUSE) are rationally and intelligently discussed.

Interracial sex? No problem. Homosexual sex? No problem. Sexual relationships where one partner physically abuses and humiliates the other? No problem. Sex with dwarves, sex with "furries," sex with people obsessed with horses, all manner of sexual variants (dare I say, deviant?) but not consanguineous relationships where people just live a regular, normal life, except they are from the same DNA line.

The gay community, in general, is pretty bad about this. Now that they are no longer having sex in bathroom stalls at a public park, they want to close the door on other sexual minorities. (Oh, sure, homosexual sex is "normal," but incest? Eeeewwww. Disgusting.)

Homosexual sexual intercourse was illegal in my state until 1968. That wasn't that long ago. Gay boys and lesbian girls are still being shamed and bullied in school about who they are and what they feel attracted to do. Do you think incestuous siblings go around wearing "Incest Pride" t-shirts? Do they accost other people on the street or in bars and force their sexual viewpoint on them? No. They want to be able to live their lives quietly and legally, so that they do not need to fear going to prison for falling in love with each other. Why is that so horrible?

People always bring up child molesters when they speak of incest--fathers who rape their daughters, etc. These people are RAPISTS. They would be criminals regardless of whether or not they were related to their victims. Rape is rape is rape. It doesn't matter who the victim is. The issue isn't DNA, the issue is age of consent and legal consent.

The vast majority of incestuous relationships never show up on anybody's radar. They conduct their lives without anybody ever knowing. Brothers and sisters, cousins, uncles and nieces, nephews and aunts, fathers and CONSENTING, ADULT daughters, mothers and sons--nobody ever hears about them because their relationships are conducted in secret. ONLY THE PATHOLOGICAL RELATIONSHIPS EVER SHOW UP ON RADAR. They rest of them do not consider their relationships to be a problem. Except, of course, that the State will gladly send them both to prison if they are discovered.

How is this promoting a political agenda? Does anybody ever accuse gay people of pursuing a political agenda because they don't want to be shamed, bullied or bashed? I do not see how getting the government out of the marriage business is so harmful. People love who they love. We should leave them all alone about it.
BrotherHobo
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

PreviousNext

Return to Paraphilias Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post