Our partner

Feeling terrible and unclean about masturbation

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
================================================

The Paraphilias Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss paraphilias as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Feeling terrible and unclean about masturbation

Postby Blur7 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Can someone tell me if I am terribly disgusting? :oops:

I was masturbating the other day and was touching myself and was doing it regularly like I do but at one point was near my anus and not sure if I touched anything else during the process but after I did sanitize a majority of my surroundings that I may have came across.

Now I'm think I may have touched something with my dirty hands and a family member may have came in contact with it 6 hours later.

You may think I have OCD and yes it's true but am I disgusting? :?:
Blur7
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:34 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Feeling terrible and unclean about masturbation

Postby BlackStrat » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:58 pm

Ok first of all, no you are not terribly disgusting. If you sanitized most of your surroundings, you're already taking a step further than most people would. The odds that your family member made contact with your germs 6 hours later is extremely unlikely. I can guarentee they won't fall ill or anything like that because of this incident. Try not to worry about it, you didn't do anything wrong :)

-- Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:59 pm --

Ok first of all, no you are not terribly disgusting. If you sanitized most of your surroundings, you're already taking a step further than most people would. The odds that your family member made contact with your germs 6 hours later is extremely unlikely. I can guarentee they won't fall ill or anything like that because of this incident. Try not to worry about it, you didn't do anything wrong :)
BlackStrat
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:34 am

Postby Tululaboo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:08 pm

BlackStrat wrote:Ok first of all, no you are not terribly disgusting. If you sanitized most of your surroundings, you're already taking a step further than most people would. The odds that your family member made contact with your germs 6 hours later is extremely unlikely. I can guarentee they won't fall ill or anything like that because of this incident. Try not to worry about it, you didn't do anything wrong :)

I cannot say anything that is not already above. All I can do is just tell you that you are not disgusting, so far far from it. You are just a normal person with normal feelings with normal needs. Try not to beat yourself up for it, you are fine :)

I think the large part of this is your OCD, I used to suffer with OCD to but over the past few years I have gotten better with it. IF you feel the need to in the future to clean up specifically yourself please do not use any rough or hard scrubs, towels, flannels or anything else. It can get pretty bad if you do.

Try not to worry yourself to much and we are here to help if you need it :)
Wish you the best.

Tulula.
Judge on what you see, not what you think. I will always be honest.
'A Friend of Alice'
Tululaboo
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:34 am
Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Blur7 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:43 am

Ok i just had another incident.

I had just took a shower, was laying down and had an itch near my anus i scratched it and knowing that I put hand sanitizer on my hands. Minutes later I walked downstairs and my finger accidentally touched a napkin i saw my family member grab and use.
So much anxiety!
Do you think the hand sanitizer took care of my finger i used to scratch being dirty?
Blur7
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Tululaboo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Blur7 wrote:Ok i just had another incident.

I had just took a shower, was laying down and had an itch near my anus i scratched it and knowing that I put hand sanitizer on my hands. Minutes later I walked downstairs and my finger accidentally touched a napkin i saw my family member grab and use.
So much anxiety!
Do you think the hand sanitizer took care of my finger i used to scratch being dirty?

Yes, I strongly believe that hand sanitizer too care of any bacteria that may have been present. I can thoroughly understand the anxiety you are feeling with the many many times I sanitized myself, room and workplace. Its like an itch that wont go away.

But honestly hand sanitizer is the best thing to use in those situations and if you feel the need to just do what I used to do and sanitize, let it dry in and wipe with a baby wipe and sanitize again. That gave me the reassurance everything was clean and sterile.

I am always here if you need someone.

Tulula.
'A Friend of Alice'
Tululaboo
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Blur7 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Is this even normal human behavior? I mean i should of used soap and water plus sanitizer. I feel disgusted.
Blur7
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Tululaboo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:54 pm

Blur7 wrote:Is this even normal human behavior? I mean i should of used soap and water plus sanitizer. I feel disgusted.

Yes this is normal, this can happen to anyone in the world but the OCD is what can and in your case is making this situation worse. People who take pleasure from anal play or intercourse will most of the time as recommended clean themselves both before and after.

There is nothing unusual about this besides the OCD making the situation seem worse. From what you have posted you are doing everything right and more. You should not be feeling disgusted with yourself but I know how hard it can be to realize and accept. You know the saying "easier said than done".

Tulula.
'A Friend of Alice'
Tululaboo
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Return to Paraphilias Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post