Our partner

Think I may have made a break through.

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
================================================

The Paraphilias Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss paraphilias as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Think I may have made a break through.

Postby airwolffan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:53 am

As some will know I am fighting a major battle and so confused about a lot of stuff.

I fear ridicule and rejection a lot all the time.
I fear aggressive behaviour from other people.
I easily feel intimidated by people with more power than me whether physical or emotional.
I feel worthless when I am told I have done something wrong or not done a job right or task I have been set.

I think I am a passive aggressive person, as in I do as much as possible to avoid confrontation with anyone where possible, I let things build up not saying anything and trying to keep the peace, this means I let people walk all over me quite often.

I can't handle the emotions that are inside me when people piss me off, as I don't want to tell them how annoyed or upset I am as I fear they will then get defensive and aggressive towards me because I let it build up then I snap having a go at them.

It is horrible living like this trying to avoid confrontation all the time and not being able to be assertive in the right manner.

This then leads me on to believing this was a learned behaviour from being bullied and teased as a child which I have talked about before, the problem is as I got older I can't deal well with adult relationships a lot of the time, generally with people close to me or bosses for example, casual work colleagues are not really a problem.

This also I think is what makes me feel more at ease with children as I don't feel threatened by a child who I know could not physically hurt me as I feel more at their level, but with adults (not every adult obviously) I struggle to feel as equal rather than inferior and be assertive at the right times, when I do try to be assertive I think it comes over as stubbornness and anger.

I think this all contributed to my issues as I feel so more at ease with children and was looking for acceptance from someone I felt at the same level as, basically I still feel like that child but in an adults body. I really think this is a part of my relationship issues, because I fear rejection so much I avoided sexual experiences with anyone of either sex as much as I could, but those experiences I did have were with other boys and I was clinging to those past experiences as they were all I knew, and my relationships with girls were none existant.

I have to try and let this go and be more assertive but in the right manner and place and time, I have to move on from these problems and maybe then I can build some self worth and feel empowered and assertive, then I can work on the feelings of being rejected and maybe actually try and start dating someone, preferably a woman as that is one thing I feel I really missed out on during my teenage years.

Then maybe just maybe I can start really ridding myself of all the emotional baggage I have carried alone for so long.

I know this only partly fits here in this section but I think it is more relevant here as I think it is why I feel so at ease with children more than adults now I am an adult.

For me this all seems to make so much sense with experiences in my life, although from what I was reading it suggest it is down to parents behaviour that causes this behaviour but I can't ever remember my parents making me feel like this, but other kids did make me feel these feelings.

Well that's my take on it, please feel free to comment if you think any of this makes sense or if you think of other suggestions as to why this feels to make so much sense of my life?
One part of your life does not define you as a person. Said by a very womderful human being i have had the pleasure to know in my life.

Avatar for anyone who doesn't know is Stringfellow Hawke from Airwolf.
airwolffan
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Think I may have made a break through.

Postby KevinG31 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:01 am

That's a huge step for you to finally figure out why you got interested in children. And I think there are probably other posters here who have similar issues because I don't think all deviant sexuality is based on the person's taste in beauty. I can also relate to your feelings of inferiority in relation to other people so perhaps paraphilias can serve as an escape from not having an adult sexuality?
KevinG31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

Postby airwolffan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:11 am

KevinG31 wrote:That's a huge step for you to finally figure out why you got interested in children. And I think there are probably other posters here who have similar issues because I don't think all deviant sexuality is based on the person's taste in beauty. I can also relate to your feelings of inferiority in relation to other people so perhaps paraphilias can serve as an escape from not having an adult sexuality?

That sums it up quite well I think, I don't have an adult sexuality because I never tried to create one, all I have to go on is the childhood sexuality I did not really understand at the time.
One part of your life does not define you as a person. Said by a very womderful human being i have had the pleasure to know in my life.

airwolffan
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Certis115 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:00 am

I can relate to the teasing and bullying. I remember in 5th Grade sitting down at a lunch table, only to have everyone get up and move over to the next empty table without me. This happened all the time and it didn't matter who I was sitting with. After a while I either sat by myself or with the really unpopular kids (hygiene problems). I think this was pretty steady from 5th to 7th Grade.

During gym of course I'd be picked last and the games were always frightening for the unathletic. The boys would scream and shout at you if you messed up in any way. The anger was unbelievable. It would be considered psychotic if we ever saw it displayed in an adult.

I started reading novels written for adults early. I didn't want to be apart of my age group. I liked the manners and behaviors of adults better.
Certis115
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm

Postby airwolffan » Sat May 03, 2014 11:00 pm

[quote="Certis115":#######1]I can relate to the teasing and bullying. I remember in 5th Grade sitting down at a lunch table, only to have everyone get up and move over to the next empty table without me. This happened all the time and it didn't matter who I was sitting with. After a while I either sat by myself or with the really unpopular kids (hygiene problems). I think this was pretty steady from 5th to 7th Grade.

During gym of course I'd be picked last and the games were always frightening for the unathletic. The boys would scream and shout at you if you messed up in any way. The anger was unbelievable. It would be considered psychotic if we ever saw it displayed in an adult.

I started reading novels written for adults early. I didn't want to be apart of my age group. I liked the manners and behaviors of adults better.[/quote:#######1]

I do think a lot depends on your genetic makeup, for some children that sort of stuff whilst relatively minor in some respects can really damage a child's self confidence, for other children maybe it would not be a great deal. But for those who feel the loneliness and longing for acceptance then I think it is a very different story.

airwolffan
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Paraphilias Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post