Our partner

[HELP] Why do I admire dead strangers?

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
================================================

The Paraphilias Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss paraphilias as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Re: [HELP] Why do I admire dead strangers?

Postby Graveyard76 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:33 am

Sorry to hear about your friend's friend, ruffledees.

I've known quite a few people who've committed suicide down the years, and I agree with your friend who has told you not to play with fire. It's natural to try to empathise with people who have done this, and to try and understand what they were thinking, and how they could have been helped, but if you're depressed yourself then I'd imagine it's potentially like putting out a fire with petrol.
"Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another." - The 7th Doctor.

* * * TRIGGER WARNING * * *
Graveyard76
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)

ADVERTISEMENT

I try to convince myself that I shouldn't admire dead strang

Postby ruffledees » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:36 am

ruffledees wrote:22-yo drowned in water sports 4 days ago

Coroner court hearing of this guy is in the morning - or in exact, being held right now. At the bus stop, I was at the crossroad between going to work and applying emergency leave for the hearing.

Eventually, I forced myself to office, but I feel that part of me is not here. I am looking forward to a closure in the accident (I am into the same sports as well) and some visual/verbal details of the dead discovery.

I just keep telling myself not to get trapped into dead people's lives. It is hard.
ruffledees
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:50 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Paraphilias Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post