Our partner

Breath Problem Help Please

Panic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Breath Problem Help Please

Postby sam24_5 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:17 am

Hello there, i'm dealing with the anxiety and ocd for a long long time and i never had any attack but last week just for 30 minutes i felt like i cant breathe and it was gone after half an hour, but 3 days ago breathing problem started again, i'm taking a breathe but i feel like its not filling into my lungs and when i take deep breathes over and over again i feel dizzy and panicked feeling like i'm gonna choke to death, and when i playing video games or doing something normal my heart starts beating out of my chest so yesterday i couldnt take it anymore and went to psychiatry and my doctor gave me xanax for once to stop attacks but it didnt help just fell asleep and woke up during the night and im still trying to take a deep breath i cant stop it, my doctor gave me prozac in the morning and benzodiazepine after dinner and gave me medazepam to take while having a hard time so i took it 2-3 hours ago and nothing changed any suggestions to calm myself ? i know the breath egzersizes i used to do it while meditating but it is not helping now i just need a quick solution i feel like i cant take this anymore. :( :( :(
sam24_5
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Breath Problem Help Please

Postby Alucard » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:29 pm

Have you had any physical check ups to make sure the attacks aren't related to something physical? If you haven't, that's my first suggestion. If you know for sure it's related to your anxiety alone I would suggest either doing a specific breathing pattern ( take a breath for ten seconds, hold it, exhale for ten seconds). I know you said your usual methods of breathing aren't working anymore, but that ten second exercise seems to work decently for me. I also pace in the middle of an attack. For some reason repetitive motion helps me calm down. It takes 30-40 minutes for me, but once I start pacing or tapping my legs or doing something repetitive I can almost feel a instant relief, a little bit at least. You have to try different things for yourself, that's how I found out about my repetitive motion movements. I'm prescribed ativan for my attacks but I haven't used it in a year for any of them because I prefer bringing myself down and taking control. Sometimes doctors can't help.
I like living in the world in my head because I'm in charge half the time.
Alucard
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am
Blog: View Blog (9)

Re: Breath Problem Help Please

Postby Samuelj32 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:08 pm

I know this responds is quite late, but i went through the same thing recently. Had a panic attack, and found it very difficult to breath. I went to the nearby health store and the owner gave Hawthorn and Cayenne Pepper capsules, and told me to take two of each three times a day for 15 days. They worked wonders.
If you dont have those, try increasing your intake of Vitamin C, also get some Paw Paw, and some Magnesium Supplements, they would help calm your nerves. The body tend to loose extra vitamin C when you are stressed, so you need to load up on it. The Hawthorn has Vitamin C, but you can get it elsewhere. Cayenne pepper reduces stress, so also does Magnesium. Try it and let me me know. They worked for me. Also listen to lots o soothing music. It would help you to relax. Dont do any strenuous work, forget the gym, take regular slow paced walks, Eat more fruits and veges. Stay away from anything that contains Omega 3, it made things worse for me. ALl the best my friend, Hope your condition improves.
Samuelj32
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Panic Disorder