Our partner

False memory or truth

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, catnaps

False memory or truth

Postby Crazy30 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi

I haven't been on for a while but I've been looking into what OCD I actually have as it's never quite 'fit' in to one category, so to speak. Maybe it's more than one...but definitely it is mostly false memory OCD.

This is because I mainly focus on past mistakes and try and figure out if it happened or not.

The thing I cannot get over is that what's the difference between knowing you did something and feeling guilt, and thinking about something and having a strong feeling it did happen and trying to prove it?

I'm not making sense....but my latest problem is that I am convinced I masturbated in a house with children (separate room) and that I was thinking of them while doing so.  Not an involuntary thought....but willingly thinking about them.

I feel disgusted. I try to look at it in a worst case scenario way...ok I did it. What does this mean?  
To me it means I am a disgusting pedo who doesn't deserve to have anything.

This one has been doing the rounds in my head for months. Day in, day out. It's my birthday tomorrow and I just want to sleep forever.

I am disgusting.
Crazy30
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: False memory or truth

Postby no-mans-land » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 am

Crazy30 wrote:The thing I cannot get over is that what's the difference between knowing you did something and feeling guilt, and thinking about something and having a strong feeling it did happen and trying to prove it?

2 me
the latter suggest either memory loss or that you are trying to explain why you feel guilty when you didn´t do anything
i sometimes feel guilty for no reason, best thing to do is to do something good for ppl somehow :wink:

Crazy30 wrote:I am disgusting.

i don´t think so
no-mans-land
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post