Our partner

Responsibility OC

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Torrent, Otter

Responsibility OC

Postby justlovisa » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:45 pm

Hi there,

Now I know this is what I suffer from. Even though I am diagnoced with OCD I have never really recogniced myself when in brouchures and other peoples stories where there is talk about obssessive washing and obsessive checking for things. I definately suffer from Responsibility OC. I feel constantly guilty and "bad" because of what I "do" to people (what I think in my head will happen to them if I don´t do things right) and it makes me hate myself and it´s a terrible pain. At my worst I feel as if I distroy everything that is beautiful just by existing. It´s sick, yes it is. And I can on some levels feel that I am not worthy of love. And I have been like this since I was a kid. And yes I do think I am the only one who sees peoples needs and I put it on myself to help them. I torture myself when I don´t act "morally" right.

Its a bit irritating you never get to hear about the different types of OCD really.
I found an article about Responsibility OC you can find it here if you want to know more about it: http://www.ocdonline.com/articlephillipson2.php

Take care everyone!
justlovisa
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby justlovisa » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:46 pm

Anyone else with this type of OCD?
justlovisa
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby justlovisa » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:48 pm

No one?
justlovisa
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Angel » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:02 pm

although so far no one has replied to your response on this forum, it doesn't mean you are the ONLY one out there to suffer in this way! Sometimes it's the whole timing of when you post....although you've not yet hit the mark w/ someone reading this forum that can identify...people are out there....I encourage you to seek out more then one forum if you wish to chat w/ people suffering in the same way. and don't give up on this one either....talk w/ people that are dealing w/ OCD in general for starters!! But don't give up. I know sometimes it cna feel frustrating when you post and no one replies...or it seems like you are getting high "views" and still no replies. Sometimes I read a post and can't identify at all....so I don't post....other times I might be able to identify but just don't feel I'm able to offer anything and don't post....there are SO many reasons why a post goes unanswered. I guess I'm just trying to encourage you not to give up!
Angel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:15 pm

Postby justlovisa » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:34 pm

Thanks Angel, I know I guess I just wnated to keep my post "fresh" so that someone might read it. But your right..

Thank you again.
justlovisa
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Angel » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:13 pm

Well there is nothing wrong w/ adding to keep it at the top! Good point too as I forget how it can get lost in the shuffle. You can always repost the same topic from time to time too.

I just wanted to reply because I know some of the posters here get frustrated, even down...or think it's a reflection (negatively) of them or their personal post/situation that causes them not to get replies. I hate to see people feel like that when it's usually never the case!

Are you doing ok? Want to talk? I deal w/ OCPD...mind you I'm doing better then I had been compared to this time a year or two ago. I still have my issues....bit more under control. For me...it surfaces in my having a need to keep things neat...organized...a need to feel in control of my surroundings...probably becaues I so often feel out of control w/ my emotions and a couple areas of my life. Guess for me maybe it's over compensation....needing to feel like I excel in other areas where I can't............I don't know...anyway....chat away! maybe the more you talk about your situation....someone will pick up on something you say and relate adn then start talking. Also realize...sometimes people don't necessarily reply back but those reading are able to take a lot just by reading posts from others going through what they are.
Angel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:15 pm

Postby BlackSheep » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:00 pm

I don't have responsibility OCD, but I do have another less known form; the so-called 'Pure OCD'. It was misconstrued before as OCD without the compulsions. Actually, the obsessions manifest as intrusive thoughts - sudden thoughts/images/doubts that appear out of nowhere. The compulsions manifest as obsessive ruminations, which vary a lot person-to-person, but are characterised by a period of intense...well, rumination! Often it's repeating the intrusive thought over and over, desperate to solve it or understand it.

For me, the intrusive thoughts turned into ruminations so fast, the one image of the intrusive thought would immediately turn into a horror movie. It would be pretty hellish, forcing its way into my mind out of nowhere and making me panicky and frantic to find a way of stopping this ever happening to me. As I got more and more afraid of them they got worse. They got to be so horribly vivid too, not like a hallucination or anything, more like a flashback, frightening in its forcefulness and intensity.

Well, anyways...just wanted to let you know you're not alone in wishing that the different forms of OCD were more well known :wink:
BlackSheep
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby chinpo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:23 am

Hey dude, I also just read that article you posted. I found it before I found this place. But I definitely have Responsibility OCD as well. It stinks, huh? Mine, though, is coupled with impulsive behaviors, which I don't fully understand. Whenever I am anxious about something (having an OCD attack), I will do one of two things. I will either give in to the compulsion. Or I will get an urge to be risky and do the thing I am worrying about. You can imagine how guilty I feel after giving in to these impulsive risky actions.
chinpo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post