Our partner

Bottling and hoarding urine. OCD?

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Otter

Bottling and hoarding urine. OCD?

Postby greenfig » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:03 pm

Has anyone heard of this behavior? I was on the Children of Hoarders website and one person have heard of this phenomena, but I cannot find any other info on this.
greenfig
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Chucky » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi,

I have only heard of one similar case to this: It concerned a mentally 'unstable' young boy who collected dog faeces and stored it in a bag in his bedroom. Obviously, his mother was very worried about his behaviour. I have never heard of anything to do with urine or faeces and OCD though. I cannot even think of how this could have developed. I mean, people who have OCD where they hoard items usually hoard the items out of a belief that they will someday be useful. So, my question is: How could anyone come to determine in the first place that urine could be useful?

Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby greenfig » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:28 pm

Well, I have heard of people hoarding items that would be completely useless to others; such as used straws and takeout containers, nail clippings etc...so maybe it has something to do with the fear of letting go of part of you. I am not sure if hoarding is a true OCD or hoarding occurs on people that have OCD like behaviors.

I lived with someone who hoarded urine in big soda bottles...I was just trying to understand...sorry I know it's pretty gross...too bad I have put up with it for so long... :cry:
greenfig
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Misvenus000 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:44 pm

The only time I ever heard of this was watching the movie airplane. Its a very interesting movie!
Misvenus000
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Chucky » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:53 pm

It's not grosse to me, greenfig. You'd be surprised at what I have experienced in life and I don't think it'd be possible to 'grosse me out'. In some mental illnesses, an innapropriate attachment to something is listed as a symptom. Therefore, you may be right in saying that he feels this is part of himself, which is why he keeps doing it.

He has to know that it's wrong though - Society simply will not accept this behaviour. If you want to stop him, you may have to become stern and set strict rules.

Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: Bottling and hoarding urine. OCD?

Postby zahara » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:42 am

Howard Hughes, the famous builder of the Spruce Goose airplane collected his urine, feces and nail clippings in jars. He was a very successful aviator and designer but had very severe case of OCD and eventually became a recluse.
zahara
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:48 am

Postby Et0rphine » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi,

I recently started bottling my urine in a 1 gallon water plastic container. I think I finally realize in some way why Howard Hughes did it, remember the scene when Baldwin/Juan Trippe comes to see him to try and make him sell TWA? Howard doesnt want to get out of his screening room.

Sometimes when Im under the influence or my roommate pisses me off, or its late at night or the bathroom is occupied, lets just say Im glad I got my pee gallon :) I empty it out whenever but it can last 2-3 days! For me its a form of isolation and avoidance alongside a utility aspect of minimizing exposure & walking around.
Et0rphine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:48 am

Postby peacekeeper » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:04 am

Hi there
My friend used to collect urine in glass bottles when he was younger and store them in a shed as he lived on a farm. He was about 12/14 then.
He said it used to turn him on sexually also in some way.
He has OCD and it got worse in his 20's and 30's. He has had OCD thoughts around faces and urine and sees faeces on peoples faces, usually people he really loves like family etc. He doesn't actually see it but imagines it. He also got bad OCD when in church and used to think of the bread and wine as urine and faeces and found this really distressing.
He is Gay.
:-) Hope this helps :D
peacekeeper
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post