Our partner

"My mind tells me" (hocd)

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, Bert the Turtle

"My mind tells me" (hocd)

Postby WorriedG287 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:56 pm

I've posted on this before but still experience some confusion around it when people write "my mind tells me..."

By saying this do you mean purely intrusive thoughts/feelings? Is there always a definitive OCD feel to it? As in the thoughts just don't feel organic or real.

I don't experience my doubting as that intrusive anymore. It's more of a constant uncertainty and self-imposed doubting. A lot of the times I don't even get anxiety anymore. Which leads me to wonder if it is truly unwanted.
WorriedG287
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: "My mind tells me" (hocd)

Postby Cupcakes1568 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:05 pm

It's kind of hard to explain but I hear my own voice saying stuff like, "oh you like girls" or "look at her legs, her eyes, her face" etc that's what I define as "my mind keeps telling me." Basically I hear my own voice causing me intrusive thoughts.
Cupcakes1568
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:44 am

Postby WorriedG287 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:54 pm

I get thoughts too, but usually the feelings come first. The thoughts for me almost come in a way to get rid of the anxiety, almost like a compulsion.

I sometimes worry that for most people it's the other way around, first thoughts, then "attraction" and anxiety.
WorriedG287
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:44 am

Postby mc1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:30 am

When I was 19 I had a room mate in college that was nice looking. I would literally spike when I was next to him and this caused me to think that I was attracted to him. This of course caused me grief to no end. We didn't get along which was fine with me, but my mind constantly bugged me about whether I liked him.

I went on Facebook today and saw that he got married about a year ago. My mind was telling me I was jealous, but honestly I didn't care. I saw pics of him and didn't spike too much if at all. HOCD feeds on fear and doubt and for the 8 months we were room mates I suppose I was worried for nothing.

The mind is powerful.
mc1
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:44 am

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post