Our partner

Extreme IQ phobia accompanied by Paranoid tendencies

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, catnaps

Extreme IQ phobia accompanied by Paranoid tendencies

Postby divergent94 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:30 am

First and foremost excuse me for my english since I am not a native speaker or a citizen of a primary English speaking country.I am a 22 year old student of History archaeology currently in his 5th year of studies,with dreams of future academic achievance hopefully to a PhD level...Also I am physically disabled and diagnosed with severe OCD in a span of 8 years ,from 4 psychiatrists until now and am currently on SSRIs and psychanalytic therapy.I recently developed a new phobia about my intelligence,as possibly measured by IQ tests,thing is this whole paranoid situation on my mind,and the perpetual mental chaos often make me think that I dont have the ability to talk to people(also have social anxiety(selfdiagnosed) ,and a infant-age psychological trauma because of the battery of operations I had to go through in order to kinaesthetically function near-normal).There are so many things I have considered that could possibly show a pattern on this whole problem I cannot even recount them here.I tried to study my late father's(died 6 months ago at age 55) emotional responses to anxiety and pressure,which were kind of deviant from what I supposedly conceive as normal functions(he indeed had paranoic tendencies)...Also I recently took the decision to try and re-evaluate myself considering the opinions of my secondary and high school classes(most of them said that I was pretty intelligent,just lacking organization and being lazy).My grades in both schooling institutions ranged from 17-20 (20 being the ceiling score grade),I wasnt an avid reader,my attention span was too short,and through every difficult exam my parents(both particularily intelligent people,in different ways) tried to organize me,though most of my grades were high-scored due to the ''proposals'' and ''possibilities'' and ''scenarios'' i did inside my head using random info that conjoined with eachother(divergent thinking).I never had a girlfriend and this particular thing made me doubt about my skill-sets too deeply(supposedly).After all these and many more I begun doubting my intelligence to the point of total desensitization of my brain,to the point that I even considered a possible scenario that ''even my train of thought/speaking/writing patterns are too incomprehensible for other people to understand,so I must have a low IQ,I even considered being retarded(when a ''friend'' called me retard for acting abnormally),while also I try to pressure myself to understand if I am such an idiot that I dont read even plain questions as a normal person would do.What is wrong with me?Why there is so much perceived comorbidity of negative traits?I dont know anymore.I decided to take a real IQ test but I am completely sure I will fail(maybe because of depression,maybe because of lack of concentration maybe maybe maybe).Also I have heard that ''Borderline retarded people'' get easily distracted ,just like I believe I do.Do I write ina strange manner?Please at least answer me this....even my language has been impaired to the point that I speak Creole of Greek/English instead of both languages fully,or one fluent and the other partial.
divergent94
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:05 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post