Our partner

scared i'm a pedophile

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, catnaps

scared i'm a pedophile

Postby xfizzy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:41 am

hello everyone. i am extremely nervous to type this because i am worried i will be told i'm a pedophile.
i was thinking about how when i was 15, i had a sexual thought about a friend of mine who is 2.5 years younger than me. she was one month away from turning thirteen at that time. i'm not even sure how elaborate the fantasy was. i hardly remember it and i may even be remembering this incorrectly. i think it popped into my head during masturbation once and i went with it and was aroused when i was getting closer to orgasm. i am so distraught over this. :(
i think about a year before that i had a fantasy about someone else i knew who was 1.5-2 years younger than me. (the reason i knew so many people 2 years younger than me is because my cousin is two years younger than me, they are friends of his). i am pretty sure these are the only times i thought about people younger than me (the anxiety makes me question myself).
i'm 18 going on 19 now and I have never, ever had fantasies about someone in that age group since. the only reason i had them at the time was because they were closer in age to me as a 15 year old. the thought disgusts me. is it bad that i had those thoughts at that age about people 2 years younger than me, even though as an 18 year old now i only think about people who are my age or older? is it worth worrying about since it was so long ago?

i am terrified over this. i've been having anxiety attacks and have been depressed for the past week.
a couple of years ago i was dealing with POCD (not even because of the thoughts i'm talking about here, my reasons for worrying about it were different at the time. i made a post about it during that time that you can go read if you want to.) i was able to get over it after a few months, and was happy and anxiety-free until i started obsessing again recently. please help me and give me some reassurance.

-- Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:45 pm --

basically what i'm asking is was it bad that i had a fantasy about someone 2 years younger than me at age 15? :(
xfizzy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:02 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: scared i'm a pedophile

Postby xfizzy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:49 pm

regarding the person 1.5 - 2 yrs younger than me:
i feel like the more i think about that instance, the less specifics i remember, which is weird. i don't know for sure if it was a fantasy or what! back when it happened, i would always think of sexual things in public to get turned on when i was bored (nobody would notice since i'm female), so whatever thoughts i was having about this person was jumbled in with a bunch of other thoughts about different people (people older than me) as well. it still makes me nervous though. :cry:
xfizzy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby ConfusedAndAfraidGuy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:33 pm

I think you're definetly NOT a pedophile. You have nothing to worry about.
ConfusedAndAfraidGuy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:02 am

Postby xfizzy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:42 am

thank for your reassuring comment, confusedandafraidguy.

anyone else? more feedback is always comforting.
xfizzy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby precious-moments » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:26 pm

NO, not at all! Do NOT worry about it whatsoever! I have to admit I was unsure of myself as I opened this post, unsure of what I could possibly read. Lol I kind of even held my breath, I was nervous I would regret reading something. I can breathe now though, I truly believe you don't have anything to worry about.
precious-moments
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:02 am

Postby Orwell1984 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:11 pm

Only a qualified physician or mental health professional with the legal authority to diagnose and who is in a position to evaluate your history and current symptoms can provide you with a diagnosis.
Orwell1984
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post