Our partner

Obsession with fame is making me miserable

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, catnaps

Obsession with fame is making me miserable

Postby nathanherts16 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:33 am

I have an obsession with fame. I desire to be famous, well known, admired, etc. I cannot stop thinking about it to the point where it's making me miserable. I feel if I don't achieve fame my life will mean nothing. I am also convinced I am a narcissist (as they are obsessed with fame too). I am deeply envious of famous people and hate other people being more successful than me. I live every day in misery and I can't snap out of it. Does anyone else have a similar obsession?
nathanherts16
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:53 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Obsession with fame is making me miserable

Postby atina » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:06 pm

Dear nathanherts16:

I have had although I still sometimes wish to be famous. I used to daydream a whole lot about being famous and I believed that I was meant to be, somehow. Even though I didn't have a talent for singing or dancing... and even though I was plagued with Tourette Syndrome vocal and motor tics, I still dreamed about being a famous movie actress star, international. I day dreamed so often about dancing on a stage for thousands of people in the audience in standing ovation, bewildered by my incredible performance. I even dreamed of starting a religion. I just had to be famous...

I realize now it was because I was so very lonely and unimportant to anyone in my life, as a child, a teenager, a woman... I just didn't matter, wasn't seen, wasn't visible and I so wanted to be see, to be visible, noticed, valued. so I went all out seeking international attention, for no particular talent, when all along it would have been probably enough if one person, a parent let's say, would have seen me, seen me sad just one time and say: "You look sad; tell me about it. What is making you sad, and then listen to me, with empathy, as if (As if, I write, because I know better) it mattered at all that I was sad, or ... as if I was allowed to be sad.

atina
atina
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post