Our partner

pure-o ocd questions!!

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, catnaps

pure-o ocd questions!!

Postby cameron050290 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:44 am

Hello everyone! Hope all is well!

I have had OCD for about 8 years and was able to successfully recover for about 6 years. Recently my symptons have flooded back to me. I am in doubt of everything. I know this is a symtom of OCD but its like your mind forgets you had it before and its all new to you. I have constant doubt that I dont have OCD or im just crazy and is my anxiety really anxiety or am I not reacting in the way that everyone else does. I guess my question is, has anyone ever had that issue where they question there levels of anxiety and feel guilty if your mind makes you think your not reacting enough??????? Im miserable about this. thanks for your time!
cameron050290
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: pure-o ocd questions!!

Postby impromptu » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:39 pm

hi Cameron..
cameron050290 wrote:has anyone ever had that issue where they question there levels of anxiety and feel guilty if your mind makes you think your not reacting enough???????

i never had this issue myself. although i can relate to feeling guilty,doubt also self-questioning and anxiety, but just not the exactly the same

i got this from an article about ocd, hope this helps a little bit

Two of OCD's main features are doubt and guilt.
doubt : OCD can make a sufferer doubt even the most basic things about themselves. doubt is one of OCD's more maddening qualities. it can override even the keenest intelligence. It is a doubt that cannot be quenched. It is doubt raised to the highest power.
guilt : guilt is another excruciating part of the disorder. It is rather easy to make people with OCD feel guilty about most anything, as many of them already have a surplus of it.

so i'd say what you're experiencing is perfectly normal. and it's just ocd and anxiety behind the mask IMO. if you get what i mean, because i can't put my thoughts into words lol

but you'll get past this (:
fminorless life is a living death
impromptu
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 am

Postby cameron050290 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:33 pm

Yes, thank you so much! The bad part is Ive been through all of this years ago and it all feels so new again. I hate how OCD does this too everyone!
cameron050290
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 am

Postby impromptu » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:23 am

yes i can say the anxiety/ocd is trying to trick you, also.. everyone can slip up. just remember to try to get back on track, beat them like you did 6 years ago. good luck and u're welcome (:
fminorless life is a living death
impromptu
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 am

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post