Our partner

My HOCD story. Help please?

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, catnaps

Re: My HOCD story. Help please?

Postby gabriel1 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Thank you , that helped me. I realized that they are just thoughts . The more I entertain them , the more I start panicking and checking . I will just have to ignore the thoughts and it will run it's course like my old ocd . I made a list of all the guys I had crushes about and was crazy about , it helped me a little . But now my my HOCD tells me I have more of a connection with girls than boys . Which bothers me but I try not to entertain it . My fear now is if a boy try's to talk to me I won't be interested .
gabriel1
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby HopeLite » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:56 am

Exactly, these are just thoughts. And thoughts are just thoughts. Everyone has thoughts that don't reflect who they really are. I wouldn't recommend "ignoring" the thoughts, just be mindful about them. Acknowledge that you are having them but also don't give them any real significance.

Don't worry about not being interested in the opposite sex anymore. Right now your main concern is to stop obsessing. On days that I feel better I start to feel a true connection to girls and guys don't mean anything to me. You get more clarity when you accept a level of uncertainty. When I am feeling better overall I start to go back to the way I was before the obsession, and that's feeling straight.
HopeLite
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 am

Postby gabriel1 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:03 pm

Sometimes I feel like HOCD is trying to pull me back , when I accept it . I could not think about it for a couple of hours , then I would freak out because I feel like iam Ok with the thoughts . Also when I find girls attractive of feel like I like them , especially girls that dress like Boys
gabriel1
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby HopeLite » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Any time that I am in a good mood I start to feel "OK" with the thoughts and it's almost as if I've accepted being gay or bi. And then I go back to worrying. That's the OCD pulling you back in.

Any time I see a guy that I can say is attractive I start to believe that I an sexually attracted to him. If I see a feminine guy or a guy wearing tight clothing it's much, much worse for me and can trigger more bad thoughts.
HopeLite
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby gabriel1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Is it normal for your attraction to be go for 2 weeks straight . That is what triggers my ocd because I feel like IaM not attracted to boys anymore. I force myself to think about them and it gets worse. I hope I can hurry and accept this , but it is really hard . Especially when my thoughts tell me I was never straight and I constantly keep forgetting why I like men . Maybe because I reviewed it so much that HOCD has made it blurry .
gabriel1
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby HopeLite » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:49 pm

gabriel1 wrote:Is it normal for your attraction to be go for 2 weeks straight . That is what triggers my ocd because I feel like IaM not attracted to boys anymore. I force myself to think about them and it gets worse. I hope I can hurry and accept this , but it is really hard . Especially when my thoughts tell me I was never straight and I constantly keep forgetting why I like men . Maybe because I reviewed it so much that HOCD has made it blurry .

Some people lose their attraction to the opposite sex for a significant amount of time. What scares me is that I feel attracted to women again but now I am feeling like I'm attracted to men and I hate this. :(
HopeLite
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby gabriel1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:41 am

Is it normal for HOCD to put qualities I like about men , to see in me or a girl. For instance I like I manly men are and aggressive they are . Now i keep picturing me acting like a man or a girl . It is freaking me out
gabriel1
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby HopeLite » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:23 am

gabriel1 wrote:Is it normal for HOCD to put qualities I like about men , to see in me or a girl. For instance I like I manly men are and aggressive they are . Now i keep picturing me acting like a man or a girl . It is freaking me out

Well after a point I started to see female features on men. Men's butts started looking like women's butts, men's pecs started looking like women's breasts... it drives me nuts. And then I start thinking that men are just more attractive than women and women are smaller and more boring. I don't know what has happened to me.
HopeLite
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby gabriel1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:55 am

Same . It tells me the same
Thing I like about men girls can have too . Right now I just feel neutral , but I felt like
I was acting like a man for a minute . I notice that I look at girls and feel uncomfortable or try not to make eye contact with them . What helps me is if your first crush was men then you like men .
gabriel1
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby HopeLite » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:03 am

I've only had crushes on girls all of my life so that says a lot. But I just feel like I'm suddenly sexually attracted to men and it bothers me so much.
HopeLite
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post