Our partner

Feel less feminine from HOCD/TOCD?

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, catnaps

Re: Feel less feminine from HOCD/TOCD?

Postby Matt8787 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:25 pm

I'm an 18 year old man who's been having TOCD for the past 5 months now. I've learned how to mostly control the thoughts now (they only come when I see things that trigger it such as girls with a lot of makeup) and my anxiety and depression that came along with it is gone too but I still feel feminine. Will this effeminamcy eventually dissapear too? My anxiety is coming back but this time its about whether I'll stay effeminate. Sometimes some mannerisms I make are effeminate, and the voice in my head sounds either 'neutral' or feminine. All my life I was a really manly guy. My parents don't notice any obvious differences in my behavior, but I do. Help will this eventually go away? I need to know.
Matt8787
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Lisa1989 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:15 am

It'll go away. Either it'll be replaced with a new obsession... Which I doubt will be a good alternative, or you see a therapist and and start CBT.
The lost look a lot like me. In dust I was born and dust I shall leave.
Lisa1989
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:47 am

Postby OCDsuffer0404 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:18 am

I completely understand. My current theme for my OCD is the HOCD and I feel the exact same way. It's scary because sometimes it'll make me feel like if I suddenly don't like my girly style or that I would rather dress boyish or something! I have and still do love style and I have always been super feminine and into makeup. During my obsession which I have been dealing with for over six months now, a few "what if I'm trans?" thoughts came into my mind also. It's nice to see that I am not the only one who feels this way sometimes. It is just one more thing the OCD wants to attack. Stay strong!
OCDsuffer0404
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm

Postby Lisa1989 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:19 pm

Well, the question is ARE we trans? Because just because I fear it doesn't mean I'm not trans, I guess? I don't want to be trans for eff's sake, but my life is meant to be miserable and I'm just in denial. But I don't know why i sit down with my family and watch my mannerisms and I'm scared of being not feminine enough.
The lost look a lot like me. In dust I was born and dust I shall leave.
Lisa1989
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:47 am

Postby Mittens120995 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:19 pm

i've been really suffering with this and I need help. I want to die. I want to scream. I keep worrying i'm becoming a man. The words man and woman keep switching round in my head. I keep worrying I'm going to lose my boyfriend or grow a penis, or want a penis - or worry that I've always wanted a penis and that I've always felt this way. I've suffered with ROCD for months, and then a week ago, after a friend of mine broke up with her trans girlfriend stating that they had issues with trans issues and wasn't sure if she liked girls, I had a sudden freak out.

my little brother is trans and I started worrying I could catch 'the trans'. I've never questioned being a girl, I always acted punky or tomboy-ish, and I keep worrying that all the times I've been depressed it's because of this. Even though I've never had these thoughts before. I'm freaking out. I want to be a girl, but the words keep getting jumbled up. I feel like I'm becoming a man and I don't want to. I'm scared that I'm only attracted to my boyfriend because he's a guy and I want to be a man. I'm scared that if that's not true then maybe I want to be a lesbian - I went through a bi phase for a while and had a short term girlfriend, and that is making me think it's proof that I'm a guy or a lesbian.

I feel like it's changing my memories in order to make me think that I'm a trans guy. Please someone help I'm losing my mind. I want to be a girl more than anything so why is it doing this to me?
Mittens120995
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 am

Previous

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post