Our partner

False Memory OCD

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, catnaps

False Memory OCD

Postby alostgirl » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Does anyone else experience false memory OCD...my OCD comes in waves and usually sticks to a particular theme during these waves...it could be Harm-O one month....ROCD the next...guilt OCD after that. But the false memory is just killing me...actually....all of them kill me as I go through them and always tell myself "I would rather deal with *this* OCD" instead...that's not true. I don't want to deal with any OCD. >:(
Anyways...I was just wondering if anyone dealt with false memory OCD...there are moments where I think - for example - well this one friend isn't talking to me anymore...maybe I got drunk and slept with her boyfriend? and I cannot know whether it happened or not because a) it's false or b) I was drunk...mind you when I go through my thought record and the process and reasons as to why the thought is true and not true a lot more point to the thought being untrue. But that doesn't matter to my OCD...it just takes it and goes with it.
It's really frustrating....it always tries to destroy anything you are remotely happy about.
The other day my OCD went with the "you don't deserve to be happy or successful because of things you have done"....and then it went with reasons as to how people could try to destroy me or my happiness and it just ends up going into paranoia...

UGH. I JUST HATE THIS! Any one else can relate?
I guess I just needed to vent.
alostgirl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: False Memory OCD

Postby impromptu » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:55 pm

hi alostgirl

false memories are very common as far as i understand. and sometimes it feels very real. so we tend to stuck on them. so i can say it's the part of OCD and you are not alone in this

and i think it's an untrue imagination of the things that we never did.

have you gone to see a doctor about this? :)

anyway vent as much as you want..
fminorless life is a living death
impromptu
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post