Our partner

Newly Discovered

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, catnaps

Newly Discovered

Postby Michellala » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:35 pm

Is it possible to have a mild form of OCD? I guess I'm asking because I have some symptoms, characteristics of someone who checks and rechecks but differ in other ways from what I've read/heard.

I just juggled with the possibility that I could have OCD about a week ago. I was talking to a friend (that btw was recently diagnosed with Social Anxiety) I was telling him about how I leave my house to go to school or work and I have to go back 3-5 times to check the front door in fear of someone robbing my family or killing them while I'm gone. I have to go back and check plugs for fear that there could be a huge electrical fire. When I get to school it's a whole other story, I have to check each door either 3,5 or 7 times before I'm satisfied that they're actually locked. I've been late multiple times doing this, and if I don't do it I get anxious and nervous that it'll be my fault if something happens. I work at a daycare and because of the clientele I work for they are of the more wealthier bunch. I always obsess over children that get hurt out of fear that i'll lose my job if a parent it not informed in time.

I've always done this but I didn't take notice of it until about 6 months ago. But looking back I can see where I had hints of OCD tendencies in middle and high school and since college it's just gotten worse. I guess with me having more responsibilities.
I intend on going to a therapist soon, but I guess what I find odd is that I find myself trying to tell myself that I don't have OCD, not even hints of it. That I'm making it up. That I want something to be wrong with me. It's not true, but I just feel blah...idk, I'm just rambling now. sorry.

Thank you for all those that decide to respond :)
Michellala
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Newly Discovered

Postby impromptu » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:36 am

hi Michellala

in my opinion, the severity level of ocd can be determined by amount of distress and anxiety and how it affect your ability to function. not the theme :)

and we're not allowed to diagnose other members, only professional who can diagnose you. so i'm glad you intend on seeing a therapist. so they can diagnose you and set up treatment plan.

but i can say i've similar theme to what you've described above (i have OCD) although it doesn't mean it's all OCD.

perhaps try to force yourself to stop or at least, reduce the rituals.

good luck Michella. hope things work out for you.
fminorless life is a living death
impromptu
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post