Our partner

ocd dreams

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, catnaps

Postby Chucky » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:43 pm

I'll answer you now Nadine :)

I have had a dream that portrayed me as being OCD but it was funny, not scary (The dream that you first described WAS scary) My dream was of me with a girl from my course in college. We were together holding hands and kissing each other at a fair that was inside a building. The building was enormous and was a network of large tunnels. I began showing some OCD tendencies in the dream but they were humerous and only served to bring the girl and I closer together.

My dear, embrace the wondrousness of your dreams for, as you said, they "are really powerful [and] it can really feel like you have visited a different world". You should still read the Dream Dictionaries but have a different outlook in your mind while reading them.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:40 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby nadine » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:16 am

:)
that's a nice dream, full of positive things. I hope they will or have become "true" for you.
nadine
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby BlackSheep » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:59 pm

I never noticed a particular repetitiveness to my dreams, either when I had OCD or now (and I'm a generally OC type of person), and I can't say I've heard it mentioned by anyone with OCD. But I guess some might. I'm not sure if OCD would necessarily affect people's dreams, despite the fact that it's such a big part of their waking lives, because dreams deal with a different part of yourself, I think. Deeper feelings and issues. Honestly I don't know, I've never heard of it though.
BlackSheep
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby nadine » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:54 pm

Thanks for your thoughts.
It's a good thing that ocd is not a part of your dreams, I mean it would be awful to be suffering from it in your sleep as well. It makes sense actually, I guess an explanation would be that the mind needs to restore itself, just as the body needs to rest. And as you said, dreams deal with a deeper,different part of yourself.
nadine
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Chucky » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:46 pm

I had to come back and post here because I had a special dream last night. Indeed, it made me realise what dreams can do: They can unearth old memories that might not have been brought forward to consciousness while awake. Through further analysis of dreams in general I concluded that they are purely random and involve a mish-mash of different memories crossing-over into one.

In my dream I saw a person I knew from my past called Xu Yang. When I got depressed two years ago I ignored many people including Xu Yang. In the dream I asked this person: "Are you... ...Xu Yang?" When he said 'Yes' I burst into tears and hugged him.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby nadine » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:57 am

Do you have an unresolved issue with this person? don't go on a guilt trip...you were depressed and behaved a certain way, i'm sure he would understand.
Yeah, it's strange when people from your past that you haven't seen and thought about for a long time pop up in your dreams, happens to me too. hehe, this can be useful as it serves as my reminder to shoot them an email and say hi....

Recently a random memory about someone from my childhood resurfaced while i was awake and it really caught me by surprise. It was surprising because of the emotions that came with it due to the fact that I do have an unresolved issue with that person, a neighborhood boy with whom I got into an awful fight over childish things. We never apologized to each other which is regrettable even though I know the past is the past and we were simply kids.
nadine
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Chucky » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:36 am

Hey,

I am weary about letting my past resurface but I still felt impelled to contact Xu Yang and say sorry. It turns out that he is now back in China working for a computer software company.

This was a special case though. Xu Yang was here in Ireland on a special government program along with a few other chinese students. Anyway, they treated me exceptionally well. Xu Yang instantly became attached to me and kept saying what a nice person I was. Then they all presented a special Chinese gift to me and invited me to dinner in their house. They did these things to nobody else in the class. I felt so honoured. Indeed, the dinner they made was the best meal I have ever eaten. They made each ingredient themselves too.

Anyway, I feel appeased now somewhat. I'm disappointed though because I had no dreams last night! Grrr!!!
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby nadine » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:32 pm

[quote="Chucky"]Hey,
I am weary about letting my past resurface but I still felt impelled to contact Xu Yang and say sorry. It turns out that he is now back in China working for a computer software company.
quote]

Oh, so you managed to get in touch with him?

You must have been very nice to him and his fellow countrymen. what sort of gift did they give you?

I had that dream again last night...I was packing for a trip and kept packing and switching out things, this time it wasn't as stressful though.
nadine
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Chucky » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:22 pm

Yes, I happened to recall his e-mail address. I've said sorry to him but he understands what happened. The gift that they presented to me was similar to one of these:

http://www.geocities.com/kevinblighe/Gift.jpg

Note: That link is on my web-page so there are no viruses or spy-ware.

You are still having the recurring dreams?! It has been a long time Nadine. Are you still thinking about the events of the dream a lot?
Last edited by Chucky on Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby nadine » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:16 pm

looks like they gave you a lucky charm. :)

that's great you were able to get in touch with Xu Yang, so it's all good now....well, did you enjoy his company? maybe one day you will be able to visit him and see a different country and culture.
it's nice to put the past to rest this way, i'd like to do that too by saying sorry to some people.

I don't really think about that particular dream, it simply happens...It would be nice to get rid of this dream, as I have had it for years and it bothers me.
nadine
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

PreviousNext

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post