Our partner

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 am

News News of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Site map of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum » Forum : Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Substance Abuse Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

When lying is natural as breathing, it's no longer personal

This largely a PSA for significant others and family members to think about. I understand it hurt to be lied to and you may feel like a sacred trust was violated. For me, giving in to drugs and alcohol when others around me were against it meant that lying was part of the package deal, not a separate offense. It might sound like a cop out and maybe it is, but you can't lock lies ...
Read more : When lying is natural as breathing, it's no longer personal | Views : 4101 | Replies : 6

prescription euphoric guilt and mild anxiety

This is kind of an odd feeling that I know I need to get past. I have suffered from type 2 bipolar depression a long time. I am finally being a lot more proactive in getting care.

I used to have a lot of problems with alcohol and drugs. I still have some issues; I had to come clean with my primary and tell her not to give me the tasty cough medicine anymore and ...
Read more : prescription euphoric guilt and mild anxiety | Views : 2148 | Replies : 1

Addicted to constant stimulation/drugs

I hate feeling anything bad- i feel like i had enough of that my entire childhood and well into adulthood from a horrid family. I love my family but in a very detached way and i cant say ANYTHING without it being brought down. I did the "im so healed" garbage for years and it never got me anywhere..Tons of self help books and videos for YEARS being sober and succeeding at things never made ...
Read more : Addicted to constant stimulation/drugs | Views : 4741 | Replies : 1

I can't keep doing this

This is a first for me.
Over the past I'm not sure how long, I have been relying on drugs to survive in my everyday life. I have a rather successful but stressful job and a lot of responsibilities outside of this that I am struggling to deal with. So I submerge myself in ketamine, mdma, cocaine and pretty much anything I can get my hands on to get me through the day. This problem ...
Read more : I can't keep doing this | Views : 4434 | Replies : 3

I need a drink so badly

I recently signed up for treatment/counselling. I want to cut back first then hopefully quit before I am too deep into my alcoholism. I want a job and a purpose. I drink out of pure boredom, loneliness, being afraid to be left alone with my own thoughts, escaping reality, to feel normal, I don't want to feel anymore, etc. I quit for 5 years. I wasn't an alcoholic then at all. I only drank occasionally ...
Read more : I need a drink so badly | Views : 4597 | Replies : 3

High functioning alcoholic with Anxiety, OCD, Depression

Hi all, just writing this to vent if that's okay. Maybe some people are going through a similar situation.

I have very long term anxiety (history of BDD, left school at 12 with no further education, didn't leave the house for 5 years). I've worked and been at university for 9 years (I'm 29). I am in the process of divorcing, after coming out of a very abusive marriage a year ago (narcissist, manipulative, verbally ...
Read more : High functioning alcoholic with Anxiety, OCD, Depression | Views : 2687 | Replies : 2

Cannabis Addiction

Hi,
I suffer from Bipolar disorder, but have had previous diagnoses of Adhd, Anxiety, Depression. I have smoked Cannabis for the past 6 years roughly everyday. Cannabis for me is an all rounder because it helps my depressed mood, sleep, appetite, anxiety, bordom and gives me musical inspiration when I am working on new material. I would describe myself as a high-strung, excitable and on edge, constantly. For the most part it settles my inner ...
Read more : Cannabis Addiction | Views : 4861 | Replies : 7

I cannot deal with my mood swings that come with being sober

I am so irritable when I don't drink. I don't care when I experience the withdrawals it is all I think about is having my next drink. My family and one and only true have shown concern. I know I should care about them showing concern. But I cannot deal with these unpleasant symptoms.
Read more : I cannot deal with my mood swings that come with being sober | Views : 2189 | Replies : 2

I lost so many friends to drinking

But I cannot stop drinking. I was sober for 5 years. And I don't know what drove me to drink again. I was not this heavy of a drinker 5 years ago. But I am lying to my family and friends about it. It has causes so many issues with relationships but I cannot stop. This time around it has a strong hold on me. Before I had more control over it. Now it is ...
Read more : I lost so many friends to drinking | Views : 1701 | Replies : 1

Boyfriend quit meth and is scaring me

I am 26 years old and have been with my boyfriend for 3 years, but I have known him for 13 years. In january of this year he told me he had been doing meth for 5 months and he was ready to seek professional help. He went in a facility for a week and came out prescribed and antidepressant. He was doing much better. He was actively seeking employment, he was motivated again, he ...
Read more : Boyfriend quit meth and is scaring me | Views : 3860 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2180856 • Total topics 184226 • Total members 225768