Our partner

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:50 am

News News of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Site map of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum » Forum : Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Substance Abuse Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Alternatives for Stimulant medication addiction

I used to be addicted to stimulant medication i took for ADHD. I took Ritalin for 4 years through my education, and believe I became heavily addicted. I had to stop taking it because I got sick and now I cannot get access to it as it may trigger mania or is liable to abuse. I display ADHD symptoms and was diagnosed with it originally before it was updated to Bipolar. I still believe I ...
Read more : Alternatives for Stimulant medication addiction | Views : 4225 | Replies : 2

Worried about Xanax withdrawals

Hey everyone, I've been dealing with panic attacks and severe anxiety especially these past few months. An ER doc prescribed me 1 mg of Xanax to take as needed. I've had the pills since early October, and I have been using them intermittently. This past week, however, I've used them once a day for about 6-7 days. I was wondering if I am at risk of being dependent or facing withdrawals if I were to ...
Read more : Worried about Xanax withdrawals | Views : 4224 | Replies : 4

Drugs abuse and mania trigger warning.

I have bipolar 1 and bpd I'm also a ex drug addict injecting amphetamine and smoking crack together which was a very dangerous game to play. But back then I was manic and life was a game I don't know how it happened but I had a two year manic episode I believe as I was flat out injecting amphetamine and smoking crack two weeks on three days on a comedown that the drugs enabled ...
Read more : Drugs abuse and mania trigger warning. | Views : 4205 | Replies : 2

Blackouts and odd bahavior.

Hello hello this is my first post here. Hoping someone can offer some insight beyond the obvious. In my mid-thirties, been getting treatment for depression, anxiety and avoidant personality disorder for the better part of ten years. Right now I'm on velafaxine xr and clonal exam 1mg up to 3 a day. I've been on clonazepam for the bulk of the time. I would consider myself to be a moderate drinker, perhaps on the higher ...
Read more : Blackouts and odd bahavior. | Views : 3915 | Replies : 0

Im not sure what to do anymore

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years. And threw those 2 years his addiction has made its self known. We have made it past the lying and stealing... Well so i thought. I have sat with him threw the withdraws and the restless nights and the sweats and chills... All of it. Hes been on suboxone for a little bit of time now and they are starting to wean him off of ...
Read more : Im not sure what to do anymore | Views : 6855 | Replies : 10

Help me help him

Okay. So a little back ground. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years. We have a 3 year old that is not biological his but he has taken all respomsiblities of our son as if he were. Now to this issues. My boyfriend has been battling with addiction wayyy before i came into the picture and i was oblivious to it when we started dating. Had no clue. Threw the months in ...
Read more : Help me help him | Views : 2931 | Replies : 0

teenager and drinking

you guys might think this is weird so please dont judge. i am a teenager who uses drinking to numb my feeling i have a history with selfharm and have recently moved on to drinking my dad and grandad are both alchoholics so getting alchhol isnt hard. i drink almost every night and wondering when i should be concerned that its getting out of hand?
Read more : teenager and drinking | Views : 2378 | Replies : 2

Can Molly have permanent effects?

I've suddenly been going on 3-4 walks a day, from maybe 4-5 a week.. It's weird, but I have an itch to just move, just get out and exercise, I could walk over 10 miles a day now no problem, day after day after day, do pushups, and just be active... it's not bad, but my problem with it is, it's only come after I took some MDMA, did that have permanent effects on me? ...
Read more : Can Molly have permanent effects? | Views : 4514 | Replies : 5

Out of rehab, what should I throw away (medication wise)

Hi, I've just arrived home from rehab and I have a few meds that I think I should throw away. I was also going to throw away my weed pipe, but I think i might've thrown it away already or my mom threw it away. Anyways, I have a GABA bottle. It's over the counter and it has never gotten me high before. But I also want to be aware of mood altering substances and ...
Read more : Out of rehab, what should I throw away (medication wise) | Views : 2702 | Replies : 7

steroids as a way of life

i use steroids. And i've also become a self administered TRT patient. what that means is that i give my self testosterone injections at a low dose when i'm not doing a "steroid cycle." i'm essentially not able to make testosterone anymore so i must supplement it and counteract the ball shrinkage with HCG. on a cycle i go from *mod edit* MG a week to *mod edit* MG a week. i also add in ...
Read more : steroids as a way of life | Views : 2096 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2180856 • Total topics 184226 • Total members 225768