Our partner

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:47 am

News News of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Site map of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum » Forum : Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Substance Abuse Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

wishing to help my alcoholic father..

he's been an alcoholic since he was 22 years old.
growing up, i never really noticed his problem.
but as i got older, my mother would confide in me.
he was going through a 24 case of beer every 3 nights.
eventually she left him when i was fourteen.
he was court ordered to not drink around his kids
but he found a loophole and made sure we never saw him drink
all the time ...
Read more : wishing to help my alcoholic father.. | Views : 576 | Replies : 1

my life has hit a new low

Hey,
I'm Julie. 28. Been addicted to heroin for 8 years and had phases of other addictions especially adderall
I didn't finish college and have never held a job more than a few months. I am still being sent money from my parents to pay my rent and groceries etc., which is humiliating. I have lost literally all my friends and the only ppl I see are slime balls. This is by far the most ...
Read more : my life has hit a new low | Views : 1090 | Replies : 5

Abuse Cycle Becomes Clear

When I reflect on my life I can see clearly the dramatic and negative impact that drugs and alcohol have had on me, and that it's a cyclic patten that comes and goes over the years. It happens with both drinking and drugs and I've finally started to map out what my pattern is and realize that the only thing in the way of my full recovery to sobriety is me.

Every time I get ...
Read more : Abuse Cycle Becomes Clear | Views : 771 | Replies : 4

How do I help a heroin addict?

I'm back again begging for advice. I really don't know what to do, I've loved him for 10years and I'm not a user at all and have not ties to that community apart from my estranged partner. He's begging me for help but does nothing to help himself. What do I do? I'm not sure if he's now injecting in his neck
Read more : How do I help a heroin addict? | Views : 1027 | Replies : 5

feels like an upcoming relapse - any ideas?

Honseltly I'm not sure where to put this. Substance abuse is not the only problem but it seems like the source of everything, so... here's my story.

I think that I'm an addict since years - I just controlled that situation and I was able to keep it hidden (so far). I haven't been caught in the act, or something like that - so I denied it for years. I've had breaks in using when ...
Read more : feels like an upcoming relapse - any ideas? | Views : 771 | Replies : 3

Anyone tried Diethyl Ether

I *hopefully* have found a proper source for this stuff, looking very forward to trying it- very high purity.

I guess I have an addictive personality. Been drinking Opium up in a couple of days ago, smoking weed of course (that goes without saying). Had alcohol today, but I loathe the stuff except as an occasional thing.
Read more : Anyone tried Diethyl Ether | Views : 767 | Replies : 1

Physics solve a drug addiction?

Day After 12/12/12. That date is special. It is said to be the last major numerical date using the "Gregorian" or "Christian" calendar for almost another century. Today video called 'The Universe in a Nutshell' by a theory Physicist named Michio Kaku. He is an American theoretical physicist, the Henry Semat Professor of Theoretical Physics in the City College of New York of City University of New York, a futurist, and a communicator and popularizer ...
Read more : Physics solve a drug addiction? | Views : 1007 | Replies : 2

New on these parts of the forum...

Hey there guys,

I usually am over on the BPD forums but I thought I would post my inquiry here since my question is mostly a substance abuse problem and not a BPD thing (although the two are quite possibly related for sure).

Basically, I gave up weed, but instead of smoking weed I find that I do other things to get high like mixing alcohol with sleeping pills or abusing my ativan and mixing ...
Read more : New on these parts of the forum... | Views : 770 | Replies : 6

IS BUDDY REHAB GOOD

i have a close family member haveing a hard time with mental health combind with substance abuse. i want to be there for him and he sais i make him feel more normal when im around. i want to go with him to substance abuse with him. we have the same problems but he is acting out so people will know what he is going through. is it a good thing to go to treatment ...
Read more : IS BUDDY REHAB GOOD | Views : 671 | Replies : 1

Feeling strange after quitting weed.

Hello, (long post ahead, i don't mind if you skip it but i am thankful for those that don't)

I been mentally hooked on weed from age 15 to 19, i quit and that lasted for 8 months. I couldn't resist temptation and smoked it again a about two weeks ago, after that i fell back into my old pattern of smoking as much as i can every day.

I think i smoked about 10-20 ...
Read more : Feeling strange after quitting weed. | Views : 15569 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2180860 • Total topics 184226 • Total members 225780