Our partner

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:43 pm

News News of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Site map of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum » Forum : Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Substance Abuse Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

prescription drug/alcoholism

My 57 year old brother and his wife of 37 years are both severe alcoholics. My sister-in-law has been also a prescription drug abuser for the last 15 years. I am really starting to see that my sister-in-law's abuse
is taking a toll on her mentally. She is trying to scare my brother with talk of suicide if he does not do everything she wants. (he is at her beck and call 24/7). I am ...
Read more : prescription drug/alcoholism | Views : 855 | Replies : 1

Addiction hell

My name is Joe ive been in opiate addiction hell since I was 18 I am now 28 I cant seem to come to terms that I wasted 10 years of my life running around getting high. I been clean for 3 weeks before that 3 months with many relapses 7 treatments the last being 6 months ago. for some reason I can get clean I just cant stay clean my body craves that high ...
Read more : Addiction hell | Views : 1076 | Replies : 2

Hookah smoking

An article warns hookahs are addictive, and that incidence is on the rise partly beause people think hookahs are ot addictive!
Read more : Hookah smoking | Views : 1124 | Replies : 4

Adderall has ruined my life

I am so heavily addicted to Adderall that it is the only joy I have in life. When I wake up I shake uncontrollably until my husband unlocks the drug safe he bought so I wouldn't steal it and gives me my first dose. Then when my last one wears off I go through such bad withdrawal that slash my wrists to help the pain. I can't do anything without it...It is a horrible drug! ...
Read more : Adderall has ruined my life | Views : 2734 | Replies : 2

Need advice/reading suggestions to help w ...

Coming to terms w the idea that this is a lifelong battle and to succeed I will have to be diligent about it every day for the rest of my life. It's so overwhelming. I think it would be so much more doable if there was some end point, like X number of days, weeks, months of abstinence would result in a cure. I know this is what the "one day at a time" thing ...
Read more : Need advice/reading suggestions to help w ... | Views : 759 | Replies : 2

###$ Up

My language is terrible, I like swearing when typing so I apologise...

I bought over the counter co-codamol - I had always thought the OTC stuff was weaker than what I found out.

I had gone into the supermarket to pick up my script for citalopram and remembered I needed paracetamol - I get sinus pain due to an ongoing infection and also pain from endometriosis. Anyway, I picked up the paracetamol then went to ...
Read more : ###$ Up | Views : 932 | Replies : 2

I don't know what to do : ( Where do I even begin?

I am just a bit stuck at the moment...

I have stopped taking drugs completely...but I am counting days. I have attended two groups sessions...and the group leader said that: "it shouldn't be a prison sentence...that you shouldn't count days of being clean...you should cut down drugs slowly and expect relapse...that being clean is not the main focus of your life"
...this upset me a little bit because this is what my life has become ...
Read more : I don't know what to do : ( Where do I even begin? | Views : 957 | Replies : 3

'Disease' - rant MAY TRIGGER

This may trigger, as in, piss people off as I am saying addiction is NOT a disease...

I am an addict through and through. I'm a drinker, a drug user (both street and prescription), gambling, eating disorder (I see food as an addiction for me)...I smoke 20 a day. I'm *trying* to stay sober and clean. I haven't been wankered (really ######6 drunk) in months now and I haven't used any drugs since Easter, when ...
Read more : 'Disease' - rant MAY TRIGGER | Views : 880 | Replies : 2

Boyfriends drinking...

Now I've managed to get him to cut down from drinking every day after work to getting him to (MOSTLY) only drink on weekends but I think his attitude to drinking is definitely unhealthy... (This is ignoring the fact that when he gets upset he drinks A LOT, this is a whole other problem) He feels like he has to drink on a weekend or else that is a weekend wasted... I stopped drinking altogether ...
Read more : Boyfriends drinking... | Views : 868 | Replies : 1

Is this addiction. A long story of Adderall.

First of all, the adderall that I take is unprescribed by a doctor, bought through a "friend". I receive 10mg IR generic pills, at about 3 dollars a pop, sometimes less. The illegal accessibility of it is mouth watering, because I don't need an entire prescription.

I was given my first pill in the early spring of 2012. By summer, 2012, I was buying about seven pills a week, nearly every week. I was taking ...
Read more : Is this addiction. A long story of Adderall. | Views : 3167 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181051 • Total topics 184246 • Total members 226260