Our partner

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 am

News News of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Site map of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum » Forum : Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Substance Abuse Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Just a question.

Could someone please explain the difference between alcohol dependence and alcoholism? Thanku in advance.
Read more : Just a question. | Views : 832 | Replies : 5

Child of a drug addict now I am one.

Growing up as a child my dad was a amphetamine injector and a weed smoker. He was also a dealer I spent many hours of my childhood caring for him when he had either taken too much or had beat someone up over drugs and I saw to his injuries. I was made to care for him while he was off his face from age 8.i was constantly scared he would die at one point ...
Read more : Child of a drug addict now I am one. | Views : 1669 | Replies : 10

BOREDOM- A significant factor

Is boredom an obstacle in your recovery? If so , how do you combat it ?
Read more : BOREDOM- A significant factor | Views : 1778 | Replies : 10

Tramadol, Alcohol, and Chewing tobacco addiction

I need help with these three dangers in my life. After deployment, nothing has been the same. I use Tramadol to somewhat feel normal, alcohol for forgetting what happened, and chewing tobacco to relax. I can't keep going on like this. I am new to this as well. Just wanna see if this helps. I could use any help right about now...
Read more : Tramadol, Alcohol, and Chewing tobacco addiction | Views : 1954 | Replies : 3

Cut off

What to do when your doc prescribed you an addicting prescription drug, that actually helps you, but then cuts you off when you're no longer their patient? This particular drug can be dangerous to suddenly stop taking, it would require weaning and even that can be hard (I spoke with a pharmacist about all of this today, who was empathetic).

The pharmacist basically recommended seeing another MD to get more of this drug to allow ...
Read more : Cut off | Views : 782 | Replies : 2

Do I have a drinking problem?

My fiancé has recently told me that I have a drinking problem and I am forbidden from having a drink ever again. I have seen 3 separate professionals at different times throughout my life each telling me that I did not have a drinking problem. She insists that I must have given a biased account of my situation. I found this website through google and decided to give my story and receive feedback. My story ...
Read more : Do I have a drinking problem? | Views : 1145 | Replies : 4

Currently struggling with an addiction please read

My name is Mackenzie, and I am not trying to sell anyone anything, I am simply here because I myself am an addict, and am devoting my life to trying to get those help.

I work for a non profit group called recovery society and we help addicts get placed into treatment centers. We work with those who have health insurance and those who do not; but more importantly we are trying to let people ...
Read more : Currently struggling with an addiction please read | Views : 937 | Replies : 0

From alcohol to gambling to collecting

I've been completely sober from alcohol for 6 years. While I was drinking; I was co-addicted to vlts. Now that I am sober the vlt thing had been taking over. I find that I can alleviate this by colecting things that I like (in my case small cheap antique type things). My concern is that I might become a horder. Is collecting an addiction? I feel good after buying something for myself...is this a healthy ...
Read more : From alcohol to gambling to collecting | Views : 984 | Replies : 4

Adderall overdose!

My roomate recently overdosed on 160mg of adderall XR. His hands, feet, and face turned bright red. Shortness of breath, hallucinations, panic, the whole nine yards! After about 12 hrs he was able to sleep. He woke up 3 hrs later and thought it was over. He felt fine for a couple hours and it all started again. The same symptoms repeated for another twelve hours. Again, the symptoms have diminished other than him being ...
Read more : Adderall overdose! | Views : 8452 | Replies : 3

Heroin Addiction

I have been a user of heroin for a couple years now. Lost mostly everything in my life from jobs to partners cause of my addiction. Any advice from others that have had any similar experiences with this addiction. I try listening to music or keep active by painting , I also came across this song that I could relate to *link removed by moderator*
Read more : Heroin Addiction | Views : 2045 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2180860 • Total topics 184226 • Total members 225780