Our partner

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:22 am

News News of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Site map of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum » Forum : Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Substance Abuse Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Addicted to alcohol?

Apparently my team think I'm dependant on alcohol bc it makes me feel better. I drink maybe twice a week but was refused help before bc of it. They said I didn't have enough routine. Anyway, alcohol actually cheers me up son I don't drink that much so I don't think it's an addiction x

Willow
Read more : Addicted to alcohol? | Views : 2026 | Replies : 2

Rehab is Crap

Over the years, I have taken sooo many of my friends to rehab.
After a while, I started noting a pattern...

I would bring S. in because he was hooked on pills. They would get them off them by putting him on other pills. They would send him home.
18 months later I would be back with him because he was hooked on THOSE pills.
Rinse, repeat...

If I ran the joint, people would go ...
Read more : Rehab is Crap | Views : 1981 | Replies : 0

Dealing with problems

I was living a happy life with my family for years until the last 2 years. I've had problems dealing with emotional, psychological and life doesn't seem to be turning out good for me. I'm not suicidal though but I get depressed.
During those times I met someone that introduced me to this product called CBD. It helped me a lot during the hard times but now I'd like to stop using it. **Supplier link ...
Read more : Dealing with problems | Views : 2582 | Replies : 1

Acid may have me hooked

Little back story I have aspd so human connection has been a truly scarce commodity in my brain. I did three hits of acid and my whole world changed. I actually felt connected. I am married and it was the most emotional I have ever been with my wife in the 10 years we been together. Never have I ever felt that kind of feeling before its hard to even put a word on it.
Read more : Acid may have me hooked | Views : 4080 | Replies : 7

Being a husband and a father drove me to Opiates/Kratom

I know I know. I’m a horrible person. But, it’s true. I have had horrible anxiety all my life, and am highly emotionally susceptible to criticism due to verbal abuse as a child, and that will never change. Now, I’m the husband of a 7-yr-old boy who has the complete opposite personality of mine (he’s hyper and demands attention all the time, I’m laid back and like to be left alone), and a wife who ...
Read more : Being a husband and a father drove me to Opiates/Kratom | Views : 3534 | Replies : 1

Terrified - need advice

Hello...Maybe someone can answer my questions...

I have been on and off with Benzos, Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin. I have always been so nervous that I would take them nearly every day, sometimes more than I'm suppose to and would often gain a tolerance. Recently, I was placed back on Klonopin after discussing with my doctor my feelings about my Xanax no longer working... I felt as though after an hour passed by I would ...
Read more : Terrified - need advice | Views : 3361 | Replies : 3

Think benzos made me hypersensitive to everything?

Hello, I'm 21 yrs old and was diagnosed with having a psychotic break back in 2013. Long story, short I felt so elated I thought of castrating myself to achieve "happiness" and when the reality set in a year later that I wouldn't achieve my goals I crashed really badly, attempted suicide and attacked a family member.

I was prescribed abilify (aripriprazole) and prozac. I stopped taking these in 2016 when I turned 18 as ...
Read more : Think benzos made me hypersensitive to everything? | Views : 3347 | Replies : 1

Mental Health and Substance Abuse (in need of help)

Hello,
I am someone who is suffering from undiagnosed and untreated mental health issue/issues. I self medicate with Alcohol, Marijuana, Nicotine, and a pretty absurd amount of Coffee to keep me going through a normal day. I need help/advice

The Story ---

I left the trucking industry after I had realized that it was not something that I wanted to do in life. At that time I was 21. *In a single year I had ...
Read more : Mental Health and Substance Abuse (in need of help) | Views : 3374 | Replies : 1

Having Lots of CRAVINGS

Just recently I have been having lots of cravings for liquor and beer. I miss the warm burning and the warming sensation as my brain fog clears. I know I would do more harm than good, but a drink would be very appealing right now. Im going on 6 months sober. Smoke a ton of weed still, but it does not compare to being downright drunk. Dulling all the pain. What should I do? Any ...
Read more : Having Lots of CRAVINGS | Views : 3359 | Replies : 1

Does anyone else opt-out of permanent sobriety and chip?

I will elaborate. I was wondering if anyone else has experimented with or been successful using drugs only occasionally to very rarely instead of trying to maintain constant and absolute sobriety. For me personally, I was addicted to heroin through intravenous route of administration in 2015-2016 and instead of trying to stay completely sober, I quit cold turkey and began to use a few times a month. This grew to only being once a month, ...
Read more : Does anyone else opt-out of permanent sobriety and chip? | Views : 2981 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181066 • Total topics 184246 • Total members 226280