Our partner

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

News News of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Site map of Substance Abuse Disorders Forum » Forum : Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

Substance Abuse Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Explaining absences from work for treatment

Basically, drank a lot, tried getting sober, went to work and everyone could tell I was sick but they didn't know why, got home, drank a ton, mixed it with benzos, got sent to the ER, did a medical detox and a program and then a dual diagnosis PHP. Missed a lot of work.

I told them I'd be away for a while I was gone for three months. I work at an animal rescue ...
Read more : Explaining absences from work for treatment | Views : 1618 | Replies : 1

Can withdrawls mimic a virus?

Of course I know withdrawals always make you feel kinda crappy but I'm wondering if they can actually mimic a virus. I haven't used in several (meth and coke) days and now my nose is stuffy, I've been sneezing a bunch, my throat hurts, and I'm kinda losing my voice. Is this just a coincidence or could it be part of the withdrawal?
Read more : Can withdrawls mimic a virus? | Views : 1679 | Replies : 1

And, all of a sudden... I really, really miss meth...

It's funny how cravings for this drug seem to strike like lightening sometimes.

Tonight, it was a promotional image for the movie "Spun" where Brittany Murphy is pictured strung out in front of a cheap motel at dusk. Something utterly beautiful about it.

Then I couldn't help but watch a bunch of clips from that movie - particularly the binge in the car scene which gets me every time.

Horrible, horrible life-destroying drug.

I've never ...
Read more : And, all of a sudden... I really, really miss meth... | Views : 1490 | Replies : 2

Abstinence Based Recovery - An Exercise in Futility?

I was just released from prison for the 3rd time after about 4 years of no criminal charges or sentences to serve. Every one of my run-ins with the law have been related to my addictions to drugs and alcohol; usually alcohol but arguably alcohol cloaking a torched, strung out mind from excessive drug use.

I was locked up on remand for a month after a multi-drug psychosis and a disturbing deterioration in my overall ...
Read more : Abstinence Based Recovery - An Exercise in Futility? | Views : 2387 | Replies : 5

Always addicted to something

I have always had to have something to be addicted to. Now middle aged looking back it started with food, then nicotine, alcohol, huffing, weed, fitness, alcohol, nicotine, opioids, and amphetamines. Why cant I just live without an addiction? Something is in the way and I cant pin point it. Even if I could, would it change anything? I dont know what else to say. I'm just tired of everything which is really nothing new.
Read more : Always addicted to something | Views : 3099 | Replies : 3

Close call with a near overdose

Due to my bad life choices, I took 2 pills yesterday afternoon. I've taken this stuff loads of times with no issue but not in a while and never this type.

I took it just before driving. Arrived home and new I was in trouble but I couldn't walk. I managed to find diazepam, took four to calm myself. Found some energade and tried to just go to sleep.

I was so out of my ...
Read more : Close call with a near overdose | Views : 2476 | Replies : 3

Just wondering if this is bad.

I started drinking every night when I was 20 in 2012.
I drank 4 or 5 or 6 drinks every night, still functioned just fine.
At some point around 2014, I started drinking up to 10 shots of tequila every night and was still okay.
Around 2015 I'd occasionally wake up in the middle of the night on days off and drink an additional 6 shots or so, enjoy my drunkenness, do chores and such, ...
Read more : Just wondering if this is bad. | Views : 2809 | Replies : 9

What substances fine to me

Hi guys, First of all I have to apologise for my bad english
I'm 18 years old now and I'm clean since dec 2019 now.
I started smoking pot when I was 15 and 1 month after I used to smoke a lot every day.
6 months later I started using strong drugs of a lot of type often and mixed together. That was the worst mistake I could ever done. I started to become ...
Read more : What substances fine to me | Views : 2477 | Replies : 4

Is learning about how addiction works helpful for an addict?

Would learning about how addiction works on a psychological level increase the chances of an addict overcoming their addiction?
Read more : Is learning about how addiction works helpful for an addict? | Views : 1865 | Replies : 0

Non addictive personality and cocaine use

Cocaine addiction is classified more as a psychological addiction rather than a physical addiction. I know that logical addiction is much harder for one to control compared to a physical addiction.

I have a friend that claims to have a non addictive type personality, shows all the traits associated with that and has even been told bye a psychologist that my friend does indeed show all the characteristics of having a non addictive personality.

My ...
Read more : Non addictive personality and cocaine use | Views : 2917 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2180856 • Total topics 184226 • Total members 225763