Our partner

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:55 pm

News News of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Site map of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum. » Forum : Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Anyone tried "the mood cure"/5-HTP/L-Tyrosine? (Xposted)

I've just read the "mood cure" (it came today, I posted this yesterday before I had read it)

5-HTP converts to serotonin.
L-tryptophan converts to 5-htp which converts to serotonin.
L-tyrosine gives you energy
Those are all amino acids. The book said amino acids (protein) is essential for people with mood disorders. High protein diets and supplements (whey protein shakes)
GABA- for relaxing and sleep. It is a neurotransmitter that calms your brain to help ...
Read more : Anyone tried "the mood cure"/5-HTP/L-Tyrosine? (Xposted) | Views : 15628 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Clinical Depression Forum

Anyone tried "the mood cure"/5-HTP/L-Tyrosine? (Xposted)

I've just read the "mood cure"

5-HTP converts to serotonin.
L-tryptophan converts to 5-htp which converts to serotonin.
L-tyrosine gives you energy
Those are all amino acids. The book said amino acids (protein) is essential for people with mood disorders. High protein diets and supplements (whey protein shakes)
GABA- for relaxing and sleep. It is a neurotransmitter that calms your brain to help you relax. Some reviewers said it was as good as valium.

There ...

Experiences with uncertainty of who you are/how you feel?

*Possibly Triggering topic, discussing not knowing for sure who you are, how you feel, etc.*

So, I've decided to post about this, because this has now happened a couple times.

Recently, there's been a couple times where I've woken up, feeling fuzzy and disorientated, and I have no idea who's "out" or even who I am (meaning, I honestly couldn't tell you right now if I was Cassandra, or Kyra, or L.C., or anything like ...

Started again.....I need help!

I need help, I cant see a doctor or talk to anyone. I always feel there's,huge secret and it pains me in away . I need to stop now before I do something stupid but I just cant stop, I am not the worst case by far I don't have massive deep scars all over but If I carry on like this. Only one person knows I cut, she also cuts, She's my close friend.
Read more : Started again.....I need help! | Views : 611 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Cutting and Self Injury Forum

Pure O need opinion and reassurance I guess

Hi my name is Simone, I wrote here a while ago about having what I thought may be pure O and some of my symptoms, but it's got more distressing...
I'm seeing a psychiatrist next month but I thought I would write as it would be good to talk about how I'm feeling before I go to the doc.
I'm 35 and was diagnosed with depression when I was 16, I thought that was all ...

Mental Illness in the workplace

Would anyone here mind sharing what they're diagnosed with and what kind of job they are currently working at? Or what industry or career they are in? I figured this thread could either give everyone here a realistic idea of what to expect from being mentally ill in the workplace, or better, something inspiring and motivational. IE: "I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and now I'm running a non-profit organization and have a degree in psychology, ...
Read more : Mental Illness in the workplace | Views : 343 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Living With Mental Illness Forum

This kind of delusions. anyone?

I have recently had delusions that some people are reptiles. I also thought I am burning firewood.
I am also unsure if my cat can fly.
Read more : This kind of delusions. anyone? | Views : 596 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Delusional Disorder Forum

Interpretation of Situation with Narc

So I am here because I believe I may have just discovered that my now ex-boyfriend may have NPD

Causes:
-He claimed his mother was very overprotective and fussed over him excessively. As far as his relationship with his father, he mentioned that when he made Dean's list one semester, that his father said that he had made it every semester.

Examples include:
-He would tell me in detail about events from past relationships, such ...
Read more : Interpretation of Situation with Narc | Views : 454 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

Explanation of modus operandi/psyche?

I've been observing someone whom I suspect is a covert narcissist. I find it somewhat fascinating as long as I keep my distance. One thing that puzzles me is that he's in a field that requires empathy. He's a specialized veterinarian that performs surgery and medical procedures on wounded wildlife. What would draw someone who is empty and miserable on the inside to this line of work? He tries to put forward this image of ...
Read more : Explanation of modus operandi/psyche? | Views : 956 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

Possibility of Psychopathy?

Hello all, I am relatively new to this place but it is nice to have a place to possibly get answers or a help towards one. First off I am in about my mid twenties. I'll start from when I was a young boy. Ever sense I can remember I have been a loner per say, I never really minded being alone, I had a few friends growing up. But it was random in if ...
Read more : Possibility of Psychopathy? | Views : 712 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181053 • Total topics 184246 • Total members 226263