Our partner

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:20 pm

News News of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Site map of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum. » Forum : Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Possibility of Psychopathy?

Hello all, I am relatively new to this place but it is nice to have a place to possibly get answers or a help towards one. First off I am in about my mid twenties. I'll start from when I was a young boy. Ever sense I can remember I have been a loner per say, I never really minded being alone, I had a few friends growing up. But it was random in if ...
Read more : Possibility of Psychopathy? | Views : 712 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

HPD due to 'nature,' HPD due to 'nurture' ?

Everyone has probably heard that in ASPD there are widely considered to exist two models
(1) Psychopaths. Normal upbringing, but due to presumed genetics and different brain structures they exhibit behaviors conforming to the "Psychopathy Checklist."
(2) Sociopaths. Forced by circumstance to grow up within poor environments, ones that make antisocial and criminal behavior adaptive. Otherwise, their genetic inheritance and brain structure are within the normal range of variation.
Of course this is a simplification, ...

I want to kill myself but I'm scared

Hi,
I really want to kill myself but I'm scared to die and afraid I'll go to hell. I can't live anymore it is extremely painful. I am on meds and they take off the edge but do not cure my issues. I believe in God and I think he wanst me to have this life of suffering to get a great place in heaven for eternity but I'm not totally sure and I feel ...
Read more : I want to kill myself but I'm scared | Views : 40492 | Replies : 28 | Forum : Living With Mental Illness Forum

me

This is my first post, so not fully sure what to say. I`ve been suffering from depression for 3 years. As i`m always feeling up and down, i`ll be great one min then on a downer for a while. And i`ve always be to scared to go out on my own. As, silly as this seems i can go to sports events and be find as i`ll more often have someone i know and i`m ...
Read more : me | Views : 298 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Social Phobia Forum

Aspies being made out to be incapable of functioning

Hey guys, this is my first post on Psychforums, to give some background info on me I am a 20-year-old male.

As far as I am aware, I do not have Asperger Syndrome. I first suspected that I had it in about February 2008 if I remember correctly. I saw a psychiatrist in early December 2010; I was seeing him in order to get a general mental health assessment. (I had organised that via my ...
Read more : Aspies being made out to be incapable of functioning | Views : 1526 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Asperger's Syndrome Forum

hey everone *waves*

Hey guys! Im new here so hopefully im posting this in the right spot. My name is Rachael but I go by Rae. Im 20 years old (tomorrow is my 21st!). I started having issues at age 14. Was hospitalized 3 times and put on some heavy drugs.... felt like a lab rat. Anyways I recently started seeing a new nurse practioner and discovered within the last week I am borderline. Im having a rough ...
Read more : hey everone *waves* | Views : 222 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

Recognition and Love

I don't do this often enough. In fact, sometimes I'm downright mean to my parts, but truthfully, without them I'd be dead.

Thank you:
E - for your effervescent and joyful attitude and your interest in keeping a job
G - for being a parent
V1 - for not biting the T or the kittens and not eating anymore bugs
V2 - for taking over during the snowstorm
S1 - for being able to play ...
Read more : Recognition and Love | Views : 225 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

Waiting tables

One job I had a really hard time with was waiting tables; whenever it'd get busy, I would start messing up, mixing things up, and feeling overwhelmed (and accordingly withdrawing into myself). But I never understood: Why did I have such a hard time? What is it about Asperger's that makes such a job so difficult?
Read more : Waiting tables | Views : 510 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Asperger's Syndrome Forum

The Lance of Memory

Still round the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate
And though I oft have passed them by
The day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon and East of the Sun.

--- The Road Goes Ever On, J.R.R. Tolkein

This story is awful. Please be warned, and read no further if you are not in a state to take it ...
Read more : The Lance of Memory | Views : 808 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Depressive Disorder NOS

What kind delusions you get?

I have bipolar type 2, i assume. lately I have got bizarre delusions like me being firewood burning or other people being reptiles. I know my thoughts are odd but they feel real. I haven't got any kind of delusions before (as far as I know). I just find really odd to have so bizarre thoughts. Doctor wanted to describe quietapine. Not sure if I will take, as I breastfeed.
Read more : What kind delusions you get? | Views : 957 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Bipolar Disorder Forum

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2180870 • Total topics 184226 • Total members 225791