Our partner

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:07 pm

News News of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Site map of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum. » Forum : Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Essence before an alter...

Um...without diminishing my ability to accept and love as many alters as needs to be...can an essence of 'something' or 'someone' ever NOT become another alter? I had a sense about someone on the edge of consciousness. A boy, 10 or 11; someone who teases or bullies or has tantrums. It was odd. Alex had mentioned someone had stolen something from his room (inside home) and my son had a (hallucination) of 'a kid' saying ...
Read more : Essence before an alter... | Views : 585 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

This is soft of grief and loss also, PLease help

Coming to the board , after I called for appointment with a doctor,( first ever) they never called back, So im really hoping someone here might be able to offer some suggestions. All the online tests tell me i have both, or a good bit of avoidance personality disorder and schizoid personality disorder. And my life shows it, no friends outside of a few "business" friends. From what i have read, going to ...
Read more : This is soft of grief and loss also, PLease help | Views : 411 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Relationship Forum

Revealing diagnosis?

Hello, I am new to the forum, and I'm hoping that some of the people here might be able to help me with a decision I need to make in the near future. I was formally diagnosed with BPD in my late teens. Over time, I have learned how to cope with the majority of the outward symptoms. I don't think that most people would be able to tell that I have BPD at this ...
Read more : Revealing diagnosis? | Views : 265 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

Do my symptoms add up to bpd dx?

I think I may have borderline personality disorder (aka bpd).

Somehow I've managed to escape my denial, jump outside of my own brain and analyse myself.

I'm booked to see a psychiatrist soon so will bring this up but I'd like to know what expect in terms of an actual diagnoses. I.e. is it something else?

These are some traits I think I have:

-Reward Dependency
I've noticed that in texts (for example) especially with ...
Read more : Do my symptoms add up to bpd dx? | Views : 343 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

Is my mom just an alcoholic or on something else too?

My mom is 52, she has diabetes and thyroid issues, which she refuses to take her medication for, says she cant afford them but she buys a case of beer every other day. She is an alcoholic and a chain smoker, smokes about a pack a day for the last 8 years. Shes been a very heavy drinker for about 15 years now. At times she can barely function. She smells like rotten decay, if ...
Read more : Is my mom just an alcoholic or on something else too? | Views : 1730 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Alcohol Addiction

Dear Ada

*content removed*
Read more : Dear Ada | Views : 1023 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Venting Forum

Borg?

It seems that perhaps my plan to come here more often again is working :)
Everytime I come though I get stuck with a question in my head that won't shift.
What happened to Borg?

Good thoughts to you all,
B
Read more : Borg? | Views : 660 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

So dissociative I feel high

Has anyone ever been dissociative that they feel physically high?

It happened again tonight. For the longest time I thought that my medications were causing it. But it didn't make sense, because I take nothing that could make me high except 2.5 mg of valium. And that's a minimal dose. Then one night it happened and when I came out of it, I realized I didn't even take my meds that night. Tonight it started ...
Read more : So dissociative I feel high | Views : 243 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

cPTSD v BPD

Hello my lovely BPD forum! :D

What do you think are the differences between the two, if you do at all, I guess theirs usually a few?

Alternative question (bonus points! :) ). From my understanding, BPD and NPD have splitting mechanisms, why do you think BPD is self-defeating/sacrificing while NPD is self-serving? Is BPD and NPD something ...
Read more : cPTSD v BPD | Views : 1640 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

Pictures of your alters?

Okay I don't know if this is allowed or not, but I figured it was worth asking.

Is it okay to post drawings of your alters?
Read more : Pictures of your alters? | Views : 3521 | Replies : 31 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181070 • Total topics 184246 • Total members 226289