Our partner

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:43 am

News News of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Site map of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum. » Forum : Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Psychology and Mental Health forum.

My path has taken a new turn...

To philosophize... it is suggestible to many that life's main purpose is to learn and grow.

I have learned that pain is a great teacher, and have embarked on a new journey. My old self has died and the funeral has been called, and what perpetuates death is rebirth. And so, I am born anew in this new path.

My destiny has wended me further away from this world and its indulgences; it's realities. I ...
Read more : My path has taken a new turn... | Views : 391 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Living With Mental Illness Forum

questions

Okay they had me taking Lexapro but they made me more anxious and I think they triggered hypermania. So they told me to stop taking them. They think I have bipolar but I haven't seen an actual psychiatrist yet, just my family physician.
They also gave me klonopins and I was wondering if they're still okay to take to help me fall asleep? (I forgot to ask)

and I'm starting to get really freaked out ...
Read more : questions | Views : 566 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Living With Mental Illness Forum

IS my boyfriend bipolar? Something else

Hello everybody,

I'm sorry that this is very long winded, but I'm just very concerned and hoping that the details will help someone else help me.

I've been in a relationship with my 24 year old boyfriend for about 8 months. We first met in highscool but he was too shy to approach me, so for the next 10 years he basically emailed me several times a year until I decided to meet him. After ...
Read more : IS my boyfriend bipolar? Something else | Views : 640 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Relationship Forum

Verbal sexual abuse?

It's all a little hazy. But lately, I'm remembering it clear.

When I was little, very little, around 5-7, when my uncle would home over on holidays we'd all sit on the couch and the adults would talk about whatever. Sometimes they'd mention me, nothing sexual or anything, but I can't remember anything specific m uncle said but he used to say sexual things about me around everyone else who was there and I was ...
Read more : Verbal sexual abuse? | Views : 5414 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

I don't know anything in my life anymore.

Hi, I'm new.

I'm 15 years old and very confused and mentally disturbed. But here's one issue in a billion of mine that have spawned a lot of severe trauma in my head.

I think my family might be abusive, verbally. My mother an father are constantly arguing, multiple times a day. It's never over a good reason, one I from yesterday was whose socks were on the dresser. My mother always starts it because ...
Read more : I don't know anything in my life anymore. | Views : 1080 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Child Abuse Forum

"good"????

i had a friend ask me a very simply, yet way too complicated, question yesterday.

why was my dad a good dad? (she asked this after i told her that despite what he did to me, he was still a good father). i couldnt answer her question. i went speechless.

is it even possible for a father to be a good father even if he rapes his daughter and screws her up for the rest ...
Read more : "good"???? | Views : 2210 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

Trying a new treatment

For the past couple weeks, I've been trying this treatment that I read about in a book. I've always been turned off by the Overeaters Anonymous methods, so I thought I'd give this one a shot. Basically, it has five or six stages that you work through, mostly geared around recording what and how you eat, when you binge and when/if you purge. After a while, you start a routine of eating-- breakfast, lunch, dinner ...
Read more : Trying a new treatment | Views : 1111 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Binge Eating Disorder Forum

Ideas of Reference

I'm starting to think that music is basically being aimed at me to communicate something (i.e. someone must've called the radio station and requested these songs because they wanted to say something to me - all of them seemed topically related to me) (or, some kind of synchronicity or divinity is trying to communicate or influence me). Really any form of information, visual, audio, verbal (via writing)...

I almost feel like I'm following clues or ...
Read more : Ideas of Reference | Views : 1506 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Delusional Disorder Forum

Getting old with avpd

I can't take it. Getting older. It feels like I have fallen off a cliff and I'm watching everything I have wanted get futher and futher away. Good carreer. Relationship. Love. Marriage. And it will still be years before I finally hit bottom and end the pain. Years more to fall and flail around.

I knew this would happen. I have tried to take care of myself in an attempt to extend my youth. But ...
Read more : Getting old with avpd | Views : 588 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum

What is wrong with me?

Hello.
First I would like to apologise my bad english. :)
Ok.. I have been wondering for a while if I have somesort of mental disoreder. I have visited psycologist for examination about 6 times now. They arent sure yet what mental illness do I have if I have one. I would like to ask your opinion. Naturally I cant write everything what I know about my ...
Read more : What is wrong with me? | Views : 344 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Living With Mental Illness Forum

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181073 • Total topics 184247 • Total members 226290