Our partner

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 pm

News News of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Site map of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum. » Forum : Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Is Pedophilia in Women Rare?

I was curious, as I noticed there doesn't seem to be much mention of this tendency in women, nor do I see other women on this forum confessing to such things.

If this is typically an illness that affects males, then I wonder why does it affect me? My sexual desires do not seem to be any more intense than what is typical for a female, and the nature of my attraction is more emotionally ...
Read more : Is Pedophilia in Women Rare? | Views : 32988 | Replies : 31 | Forum : Paraphilias Forum

WoW!

norton3000 you have nothing to worry about dude, im on the comp doing free WOW trials all the time. its fun and costs eff'all. i used to be on city of heroes until the children became tXats and the devs took badges off players that had been earned (their loss) so i left, now its wow all the time. i might even get a full account one day when i get bored of not surpassing ...
Read more : WoW! | Views : 282 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

How to tell others "No" without feeling guilty

I have always been the person in the family to hep others out. I have inconvenienced myself more times than I want to remember due to someone else's needs. I feel like I am a good person at heart, and I do not want to see others struggle if I can lend a hand. I think my family, though, has taken advantage of this fact, so they do not mind imposing on me and my ...
Read more : How to tell others "No" without feeling guilty | Views : 3138 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Self Esteem

Relaxing the need to control

I have to admit that I haven't gotten better at this over the past year, but I used to be horrible at it. I still have a problem today with wanting things to be in order, and wanting to have a scheduled time for things. My house never seems to be clean enough, although I do not clean obsessively like I used to. I have a little one who makes a mess, which I expect ...
Read more : Relaxing the need to control | Views : 2723 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder

So I'm going to the doctors tomorrow

Ok I just don't know what to say to them. Here's what I want to say, but non of it sounds "doctor worthy"...

1. Strong mood changes brought on by the slightest comments. If it's critical I spiral down, if it's good I get a strong boost. There are other moods, obviously. The worst one being where I feel like I'm not in control.

2. I can't connect to people emotionally. I've tried and I ...
Read more : So I'm going to the doctors tomorrow | Views : 234 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Histrionic Personality Disorder Forum

Cradled in Darkness

black as the night, it hides inside
eating away at my concentration
filthy and obsolete as it is now
I have become an abomination.

my fingers digging deeper into the fleshy surface
trying to claw out whatever lies beneath the skin
the floor has slowly stained red with my hopes and dreams
and the shutter wimper softly as the wind hammers down on them
old and weary, without much hope for tomorrow
lost in transit ...
Read more : Cradled in Darkness | Views : 102 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Poetry Corner

why

why do guys like to have sex by having the female have her legs up in the air sometimes resting on his shoulders? do you go in deeper that way? i have one guy who has my thighs bent all the way back so they're touching my body.
Read more : why | Views : 389 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Sexuality Forum

addicted ex boyfriend?

My ex bf began taking cocaine at age 10 as well as drinking and having sex. His parents sent him to a rehab in grade 9 but when he got out he became a dealer and ended up doing time in jail. When he got out he went back to his old ways and ended up leaving a bad breakup of a 3yr relationship/family/friends all behind due to owing people money and the consequences he’d ...
Read more : addicted ex boyfriend? | Views : 431 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Addiction

Cure for Trichotilomania.

Hello everyone.

I just managed to locate this site and i thought i may be able to educate and help some of you guys. I am a new age type healer and i have studied many different types of alternative therapy's and have a good knowledge of all of them, And i have one in mind that would most likely completely cure Trichotillomania completely if you keep at it ...
Read more : Cure for Trichotilomania. | Views : 6565 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Trichotillomania Forum

Is this depression? (long post)

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm pretty new to psychology and psychiatry in general (I've mostly read Wikipedia entries until now).
So I find still hard to differentiate between personality or mood disorders and between psychological complexes/"bad habits" or clearly defined mental illnesses. Especially in my case.
The fact that a lot of similar symptoms apply to very different disorders or illnesses is of little help.

Not that I'm trying a self-diagnosis, it's just that ...
Read more : Is this depression? (long post) | Views : 307 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Clinical Depression Forum

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181074 • Total topics 184247 • Total members 226292