Our partner

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:02 am

News News of Munchausen by Proxy

Site map of Munchausen by Proxy » Forum : Munchausen by Proxy

Munchausen by Proxy message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Oh My Goodness...

Well, finally. I finally found some people writing on a forum talking about this "phenomena"... (eye roll). I don't want to be writing on here. I really don't. I don't want to be talking about this. But, since my mother doesn't mind being totally crazy let me just sound crazy too for a moment... (knowing I'm not - finally). I'll sound ambivalent at worst. I do want to talk about this... I finally found some ...
Read more : Oh My Goodness... | Views : 2350 | Replies : 7

My Entire Family Just Stole My Bucket List Vacation!

Hi All,

I usually don't post here on Psych Forums unless I read someone else's experience and it sounds uniquely very closely akin to my own very odd, longstanding one which went unresolved when my doctor--an otherwise great one, who worked with me for years to get to the crux of my issues--had to leave town after his wife heard he was...errr, philandering while here, and she drove in all the way from D___, UT ...
Read more : My Entire Family Just Stole My Bucket List Vacation! | Views : 2306 | Replies : 1

How to turn in your friend

Hello,

I feel horrible for even having to think this type of stuff, but I believe, as does my husband, that my best friend is suffering from Munchausen and MSBP. THis is so sensitive as we are also business partners. I really do like her and she has lots of good qualities, but her bad ones, well....they are quite horrific.

Let me give a little background. When she was little she suffered severe physical, sexual ...
Read more : How to turn in your friend | Views : 1923 | Replies : 2

Does my friend have MbP? And what should I do?

My friend "Kay" has two small children. Her first, was diagnosed with mild autism, SPD, therefore eating disorders, and the list goes on. After first I pitied her, but soon it became evident from her extremely detailed FaceBook posts that the child had no problem eating and playing and being normal with the multiple therapists (occupational therapists, feeding therapists, speech therapists), but wouldn't eat or behave at home. I thought it she was simply overreacting ...
Read more : Does my friend have MbP? And what should I do? | Views : 2564 | Replies : 8

munched and alone

i have a story that i've never really been able to tell anyone and im sorry if it disturbs anyone i just need to tell someone. it happened last april. some background:
i grew up in an abusive household with parentification of the children, covert incest, violence and psychological torture, etc.
one night last year my little brother (he's physically bigger than me) injured the bones in my foot while i was at home visiting ...
Read more : munched and alone | Views : 4614 | Replies : 2

Researching

Hello. I'm doing research for a story where a mother might or might not have Munchausen by Proxy. I do my best to be respectful of different conditions, and I feel there are fewer places to get more accurate information than from those who have had to live through it. I was wondering if there's anything I should keep in mind while writing this, and what are some general stereotypes I should avoid.

Thank you ...
Read more : Researching | Views : 1339 | Replies : 1

Advice for raising a victim of MSP

So after a long court battle and 3 years of suffering through parental alienation, my fiancé was awarded full sole custody of his two kids. Munchausen was also part of the custody change decision, but because she (the ex) has not been diagnosed as such, we could only dance around the term and instead prove the behaviours with evidence time after time. As of right now, the ex has no contact with the kids (now ...
Read more : Advice for raising a victim of MSP | Views : 5310 | Replies : 9

Seeking some closure

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I found it while googling information for MBPS and I'm happy I did. These stories that you've shared have been very validating and interesting and I'm super grateful that you all had the courage to be vulnerable and share your experiences.

One of my friends died yesterday and I'm really wanting some kind of closure as to what truly happened to her. It's absolutely impossible to REALLY know, but ...
Read more : Seeking some closure | Views : 1637 | Replies : 2

Don't think this is MSBP, but what is it?

I am concerned about my sister in law, and my two nephews. Whilst I do think that she does genuinely love my nephews and would do anything to avoid them getting hurt, there is something not quite right about her behaviour in relation to the children's health.

One of my nephews has a genuine (common and manageable) medical condition however having had this diagnosis confirmed by a medical professional and appropriate treatment advised, she has ...
Read more : Don't think this is MSBP, but what is it? | Views : 5093 | Replies : 4

Does My Mom Have Munchausen's Urgent***PleaseHelp

This is Really, really tough for me to confront/write about, and b/c of a recent occurrence-I need help and cannot delay this any longer. This is my first time reaching out, I suppose that I should start my story from the beginning: I started getting "sick" at the age of two years old. This is when my mother first began to take me in to the hospital regularly, sometimes multiple times in a night. I ...
Read more : Does My Mom Have Munchausen's Urgent***PleaseHelp | Views : 3141 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181066 • Total topics 184246 • Total members 226280