Our partner

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:24 pm

News News of Dissociative Fugue Forum

Site map of Dissociative Fugue Forum » Forum : Dissociative Fugue Forum

Dissociative Fugue message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Could this have been a Dissociative Fugue?

I was in hospital with Schizophrenia, i had a command to 'go now, go'

i walked out in with no shoes or underwear as i was, I hitched 100 miles, I knew i was from plymouth i knew i was from the hospital and where my mum lived. I knew my sister had died hitching on the same road, but that's it. I felt i was doing it in her memory. I made up a ...
Read more : Could this have been a Dissociative Fugue? | Views : 5975 | Replies : 2

Is this DID?

Dear All, I am seeking your advise on behaviour that may be seen in DID since I am trying to learn all that I can about it and would appreciate any insight...

have any of you experienced a partner who has DID and many alters but when I speak to different alters, they are all able to remember what happened during a fight? Only on one occasion did my partner open up about his childhood ...
Read more : Is this DID? | Views : 5456 | Replies : 3

Any GPS locator/finder ideas?

My husband has DID and at night some times and during the day he has ended up walking out of the house. Being surrounded by 6 acres of woods and living in the country there are many places to go and the police don't consider you missing until 24 to 48 hours here. So... does anyone know of any good ideas of any GPS locators, watches, necklaces, chips... whatever might work that isn't too expensive. ...
Read more : Any GPS locator/finder ideas? | Views : 4475 | Replies : 2

Thought I had a fugue, but more memories are coming back.

Recently I thought I had a dissociative fugue after travelling to france to be homeless.

However, although the exact reason is unclear (Many possible little/big reasons combined)

I have more memories of france.

it's nearly impossible to put them "through the eyes" if that makes any sense.

I try and as soon as I stop "Trying really hard" it just pans out to 3rd person.

Like an across the street view.

Sometimes this doesn't make ...
Read more : Thought I had a fugue, but more memories are coming back. | Views : 4987 | Replies : 1

new here...first post

Hi, I couldn't figure out how to post once I joined here so I hope starting a new topic wasn't the wrong thing to do. I'm almost 54 years old and though I've been working on my recovery from various mental diagnosis since I was 15 years old with a few breaks for "normal time", I've recently encountered something that I don't recall every having in the past which my "shrink" (affectionate term for my ...
Read more : new here...first post | Views : 46441 | Replies : 1

mythologue de fugue

Even now I dont fully know what happened during the lost time. All I can really do is recall my tale as best I can, and gradually my mind fills in the missing pieces. I am sorry this is short, but I only have a very brief time in the early evening before hymns when I can use the computer, so it may take some time to tell everything. But let me start at the ...
Read more : mythologue de fugue | Views : 5003 | Replies : 2

This is dissociative fugue??

I've been told that what I had was a dissociative fugue episode. I had an idea of dissociation, but not the fugue stuff.
I can't piece it together.
It was after I lost four hours of time went from walking through somewhere relatively near to me to being 11 miles away on the M1, freezing, soaking, with my jacket in my bag and I actually found thorns a week later from that day. But I ...
Read more : This is dissociative fugue?? | Views : 6405 | Replies : 3

Anyone here?...

Just wondered if anyone with DF is around?
Read more : Anyone here?... | Views : 4945 | Replies : 3

A long story - please help

Hey, I'm new to the forum... but what bought me here is that my long distance girlfriend... recently lost all her memories.. lost her identity.. didn't recognise her brother when she looked at him square in the eyes..

I'll tell a lil story.

Basically, my girlfriend is bipolar - she used to be in the army and has suffered post-traumatic stress disorder from it, although I'm fairly certain that has been cured. 2 weeks ago ...
Read more : A long story - please help | Views : 6160 | Replies : 9

About Dissociative Fugue

Dissociative fugue involves one or more episodes of sudden, unexpected, but purposeful travel from home during which people cannot remember some or all of their past life, including who they are (their identity). These episodes are called fugues.

Unbearable stress or a traumatic event may trigger dissociative fugue.
When in a fugue, people disappear from their usual routine and may assume a new identity, forgetting all or some of their usual life.
Read more : About Dissociative Fugue | Views : 18557 | Replies : 11

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181070 • Total topics 184246 • Total members 226287