Our partner

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:27 pm

News News of Dissociative Disorders

Site map of Dissociative Disorders » Forum : Dissociative Disorders

Highly differentiated and covert?

Is this possible? I always see people talking about having very distinct alters as if that's synonymous with having overt DID, but all of our main parts are very different. Obviously we have some overlapping interests/behaviors/etc, but they're all very complex and fairly different from me in a lot of ways save from some fragments.

I would definitely say we're very covert as most people in our life have not noticed it, even the few ...
Read more : Highly differentiated and covert? | Views : 590 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

Coping mechanisms for alters

My system and I are looking to strengthen ourselves with coping skills. My alters come to the front but I never loose consciousness. I currently know common coping skills for myself however my alters want to be armed with coping skills at their disposal. We are looking for skills that can be enacted internally or without my participation such as imagery. Please let us know what helps your system! I'd even like to hear of ...
Read more : Coping mechanisms for alters | Views : 511 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

Should I Keep an Open Mind?

I think this topic is better for the NOS forum.

I'm not officially diagnosed with anything, I should say. I've just been researching on my own time when I am able to. I've been trying to get into a mental health program for a while, but it's hard to get anything back or to get anywhere with dissociative issues. There have been a number of roadblocks. It is still a priority of mine, but I ...
Read more : Should I Keep an Open Mind? | Views : 348 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Dissociative Disorder NOS Forum

Space exploration

Wanted to start a thread for us to track and share some general experiences as we really start to begin our journey with communication and healing together. We only recently are getting to the point that we're somewhat able to communicate and are aware of most (?) alters.

Obviously we will be cautious and won't share a lot of private details, especially about individual parts. They are free to share their stories here if they ...
Read more : Space exploration | Views : 479 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

therapist is in a hurry to integrate everybody.. :(

i've only been seeing him for almost 4 mos 3 wks... :O And he is in a hurry to integrate them and i think they are hiding. :O

trigger trigger triggerrrr :o

triiiiggerrr
trriiigggerrrr
triggerrrr
trigger
trigger
how can a child be... r*ped and .. no one notice. i mean .. small child? :O
Read more : trigger trigger triggerrrr :o | Views : 658 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

An embarassing question Sorry...

I have a question...
Umm... :oops: I haven't gone to the bathroom... About 2 21/2 wks... Is it possible they are when they are out. # 2 and it is concerning. I don't have pain in belly. I do however go #1 often as my bladder is a pea size. :p Thank YOU. :'O
Read more : An embarassing question Sorry... | Views : 553 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

dreamed i had a fugue but woke up and i was ok. ....

also dreamed in the city where i used to live.. that i was always finding myself somewhere and not knowing how I got there. Is this strange?? :O
Read more : dreamed i had a fugue but woke up and i was ok. .... | Views : 551 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Dissociative Fugue Forum

Where do alters go when not fronting?

I am co-conscious and never experience loss of time. My alters experience life with me in the present moment and do not know of another living space they can be. Together we determined there is a place in which alters can watch what is going on in our head or the external world but they feel distant from interacting with it. We call this "sleeping". Is this familiar with anyone else?

Where do your alters ...
Read more : Where do alters go when not fronting? | Views : 741 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

What does this mean?

Hello, I am back with another question.

Last night, I suddenly had a bunch of flashbacks or memories, I'm not really sure what it was, but I remembered a ton of memories that alter had been holding, and it was kind of distressing. However, in a recent development, my system decided that I am our "protector" now, and that I'm "strong enough" to protect everyone. I have a suspicion that because of this, that alter ...
Read more : What does this mean? | Views : 643 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181070 • Total topics 184246 • Total members 226285