Our partner

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:14 am

News News of Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

Site map of Borderline Personality Disorder Forum » Forum : Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Getting over my favorite person?

This is the first time I've ever joined one of these and I'm nervous but here goes;
It's kind of a long back story so I'll give the tl;dr version. My favorite person is the father of my 1 1/2 year old daughter and the son I'm currently pregnant with, due in October. He got another woman pregnant and shes due August 7th with a son as well. He left me for her. I've been ...
Read more : Getting over my favorite person? | Views : 2522 | Replies : 0

First post: How to navigate early stages after diagnosis?

Hi. I have been struggling with being mental for most of my life (many hospital visits over the years). Recently it was brought to my attention that I am diagnosed with BPD and Dysthymia. Now they only look like letters to me. If anyone wouldn't mind telling their stories of the early days after realising you had a diagnosis and how you came to terms with it?
Thank you.

(This is the first time I've ...
Read more : First post: How to navigate early stages after diagnosis? | Views : 1999 | Replies : 1

Please help me...

Hello all. I am new here, and I am horrible at putting myself out there.

A bit about myself.. I was diagnosed with BPD in October after a very tragic event happened in my family, but I have known something was "wrong" for years. I dropped out of college to take care of my mental health.

Psychs tried to diagnose me with Bipolar in the past, but I didn't think that was the case. However, ...
Read more : Please help me... | Views : 1839 | Replies : 1

friendly neighbors stopped talking after small argument

so here's how it goes. there are two friendly neighbors n we often talk together.
neighbor#A, and neighbor#B

every evening we'd hang out together. i got along better with A's mom and would talk with her more than A or B

A few times A and B passed snide remarks. Eventually i got pissed off with B n walked away from them.
then A and I would talk like exchange pleasantries while B and I ...
Read more : friendly neighbors stopped talking after small argument | Views : 2300 | Replies : 3

Need answers

Hi
I would like to know some reasons why I did this....

I had BPD for few yrs ago diagnosed
I am married with 3 children with caring spouse for 20 years And i am happy with family
Few days ago I had a friend request on Facebook from a person I met 20 year ago in a trip
I liked him but nothing more than that
I never had any contact until this point ...
Read more : Need answers | Views : 1876 | Replies : 1

Would seeking help be worth it?

I'm noticing more and more that I'm having rapid and severe mood swings, black-and-white thinking, I'm continually people-pleasing or pushing people away to try to protect myself, and things are just not peachy at the moment. It's getting to a point where this is happening almost every day and it's really not healthy, I assume.

Today, at this moment, I am feeling extremely awful about ruining a nonstick cooking pot that my aunt owns (or, ...
Read more : Would seeking help be worth it? | Views : 1968 | Replies : 2

Is this Borderline Personality Disorder?

Alright, there are two things that I think may be BPD.

1. My emotions range a lot. For example, I'll be extremely annoyed at one person, bashing my head against the wall for them to stop. Then suddenly I'll be shaking and crying wishing to die. Then next I can't stop smiling. It's almost like DID, only each emotion would be someone different.

2. I always feel like I don't get nearly enough attention. I ...
Read more : Is this Borderline Personality Disorder? | Views : 2596 | Replies : 3

The Immortal BPD

*mod edit-off topic*
Read more : The Immortal BPD | Views : 1767 | Replies : 0

Navigating Friendships / Losing Friends

Hi all,

This is my first post here so nice to meet you all.

Recently I have had a friend try to set up an ultimatum with me under the guise of them "trying to help". She said that she needed a mental health strategy from me to help her better cope with me when I was feeling unbalanced. This is all well and good, except that I couldn't come up with anything beyond giving ...
Read more : Navigating Friendships / Losing Friends | Views : 2353 | Replies : 3

I Wonder Who I Am / Do I have BPD?

Today I'm posting in the BPD forum because for the past few days, I have been wondering if maybe I would qualify for such a diagnosis. I don't want to be someone who wants to rack up as many diagnoses as I possibly can, but part of me still has to wonder if I am being affected by this as well in some capacity. If I was, then maybe I'd have other resources out there ...
Read more : I Wonder Who I Am / Do I have BPD? | Views : 1844 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181050 • Total topics 184246 • Total members 226259