Our partner

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:58 am

News News of Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

Site map of Borderline Personality Disorder Forum » Forum : Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Finding an online counsellor/psychologist/psychiatrist.

Dear Forum members.

How can I find a counsellor who is specialized or have good experience with BPD online. I live in the Middle East I have found few counsellors online but none was addressing my BPD directly.

Can you please help.

Thank you
Read more : Finding an online counsellor/psychologist/psychiatrist. | Views : 2280 | Replies : 1

I need help figuring out which PD this symptom belongs to

I've been diagnosed with HPD, BPD and DPD.

I have a symptom that I can't quite figure out which personality disorder conjures it, so if you experience this emotion/emotional response in similar situations please let me know which personality disorder you have, or if you know something about it at all, its appreciated.

Whenever I see people (strangers) making friends, whether in public or just in my presence, I feel a sense of worthlessness and ...
Read more : I need help figuring out which PD this symptom belongs to | Views : 2838 | Replies : 0

How can you overcome extreme anxiety

I can become extremely anxious within minutes. As a newly diagnosed person with BPD I have only just realised how quickly my anxiety escalates. I've been doing that observing yourself in the moment thing. How can you counteract this? I'm on 150mg Zoloft, was prescribed 25mg Quetiapine temporarily by a psychiatrist post ED admission. Apart from meditation which I can do when I'm like that and breathing techniques don't seem to help either, what can ...
Read more : How can you overcome extreme anxiety | Views : 2174 | Replies : 1

BPD/Relationships/Anxious Attachment

I am looking for some insight and encouragement

Little background from my EX and separation. I was diagnosed with BPD 8 years ago, and went through 2 years of DBT, So for the most part I didnt have any issues, but its always been struggled with attachment during breakups. Has anyone found a good type of therapy that works best in this area"?

I am 45 (never married) and she was 46 (divorced for 3 ...
Read more : BPD/Relationships/Anxious Attachment | Views : 2886 | Replies : 1

rant on self diagnosis

oh my god im so done w these ppl saying they have bpd because tiktok spreads so much false ######6 information

im gonna start off with MY stuff, for context:
im 19 and i started DBT when i was 13 because i was already EXTREMELY reckless (its kinda crazy to think about it now),, i didnt get formally diagnosed with BPD until i was 18.
i was sent away to a residential treatment center out ...
Read more : rant on self diagnosis | Views : 1882 | Replies : 1

How are people instructed to detach from pwBPD?

Hi folks,

I'm hoping some of you might have experience that could help me understand something going on in my life at the moment. For those of you who have separated from someone with BPD or taken steps to detach (either permanently or perhaps as a means to reset the relationship, set boundaries, etc), or those with BPD themselves who had someone do this with you and later explained their actions, what advice were you ...
Read more : How are people instructed to detach from pwBPD? | Views : 2641 | Replies : 1

Maladaptive Daydreaming

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question, but I suppose the moderators can move it if need be...

I will start by saying I do NOT have a BPD diagnosis. I do have some BPD behaviors, but I don't believe I have the disorder. I will be speaking to my counselor about a personality screening to be sure, though. I do, however, have depression, social anxiety, and OCD. So here ...
Read more : Maladaptive Daydreaming | Views : 3302 | Replies : 3

What the hell is wrong with me?! *TW*

*trigger warning*

Before I go on my little big tangent, I would just like to state that English is not my native language so please forgive me if some of the things I say are grammatically incorrect or just plain wrong.

Gosh, where do I start. I think I'll start with my childhood because I've felt different ever since I've had an episodic memory, that is ever since I can remember things.
With different I ...
Read more : What the hell is wrong with me?! *TW* | Views : 2609 | Replies : 2

Deleted

Found a more appropriate place for this post. Sorry.
Read more : Deleted | Views : 2354 | Replies : 1

Obsession with a celebrity is ruining my mental health.

First of all let me start by saying that I have been diagnosed with BPD in my early 20s, I'm now 30 and something like this has never happened before.

I normally get obsessed with celebrities but it's nothing serious. I'm chronically ill, can't work, have no friends and a really low self esteem and these people I get obsessed with help me fill the hole of not being able to have a life because ...
Read more : Obsession with a celebrity is ruining my mental health. | Views : 4012 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181074 • Total topics 184247 • Total members 226291