Our partner

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:56 pm

News News of Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

Site map of Borderline Personality Disorder Forum » Forum : Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Controlling, argumentative, needs attention, but fragile?

I have an acquaintance who is extremely hard to figure out.
She can be controlling, argumentative, is a huge right fighter, and must be the center of attention, but she is extremely fragile. Seems to have a poor sense of self.
She has had anorexia and is depressed and on antidepressants.

At times, she will state something rather nasty or controlling, snide remark etc, but if I confront her, she will say I hurt her. ...
Read more : Controlling, argumentative, needs attention, but fragile? | Views : 2042 | Replies : 1

trigger warning- narcissistic father

Hi, it's me again. this is kind of a vent but also, I'm asking if this is justified thinking or if it's just me looking for someone to blame for how I turned out.

My father is a narcissist... he has bipolar and schizophrenia. also known as schizoaffective disorder. of course, I never knew that until I was older. my mom got pregnant with me after dating my father for only 2 months. as soon ...
Read more : trigger warning- narcissistic father | Views : 1990 | Replies : 1

severe insomnia and how is it linked?

Hi, my name is KJ, I'm new here. I am however not new to my severe insomnia.

I am 18 years old and ever since I was 16, I've been having very frequent episodes of staying awake for, easily, over 2 days at a time. sometimes 3 days, but that happens a lot less often. and by frequently I will use this current episode that I am in as an example... so I went to ...
Read more : severe insomnia and how is it linked? | Views : 2051 | Replies : 1

BPD mom driving dad crazy. He's thinking of separation

Hi guys,

I don't frequent this forum but have a BPD mother who has exerted a profound impact on my life, mostly negative. It's only after 30 that I've come to greater realization on the severity of the situation and recognized that she is BPD.

After several years of pretty much no contact, I'm feeling better and my life is much better. I just spoke to my father today, and for the first time in ...
Read more : BPD mom driving dad crazy. He's thinking of separation | Views : 1853 | Replies : 1

Everyday tricks to lead a better life

What are the things that improve the experience of your everday life?

I have been reading about all kinds of morning routines people do and definitely want to try it. It's not that I don't do things in the morning :lol: , but they're random and sometimes not as healthy so I wouldn't describe it as a routine.

I also try to watch or read or listen ...
Read more : Everyday tricks to lead a better life | Views : 2383 | Replies : 2

OCD versus BPD

Anyone here with insight into the differences between the two, esp. when it comes to obsessing over a person?
Read more : OCD versus BPD | Views : 1930 | Replies : 1

Is bpd like autism?

I have bpd because of my childhood satanic ritual abuses:( :( just saw on Google irs almost like autism? Spectrum?
Read more : Is bpd like autism? | Views : 2542 | Replies : 3

i think i have bpd help

hi everyone, i'm 18 and for over a year i think i have bpd. after the very first confinement in 2020 I developed violent anxiety attacks, I was stressed every day and I no longer dared to leave my house. summer 2021, I started having mood swings, In a single day I could feel anxiety, fear, and sadness. Then there were days when I felt completely disconnected, I felt a void. I had trouble doing ...
Read more : i think i have bpd help | Views : 2049 | Replies : 3

Chronic Feelings of Emptiness and Boredome

This is my most pervasive symptom and the one that fuels my suicidal ideation the most. Therapy (CBT, DBT, IFS, TFT, PET, EMDR, ACT) haven't helped. I've tried a ton of hobbies as an adult and none of them helped. I have no intellectual interests. I don't even like watching TV or movies or listening to music or reading. Everything leaves me feeling empty and bored.

Are there any medications that are helpful with this? ...
Read more : Chronic Feelings of Emptiness and Boredome | Views : 2193 | Replies : 0

Have ruined my career

I have a trashy career. Changed jobs frequently. Impulsively. Changed education paths. Nothing good came out of it. Didn't learn any life lesson. Now at 32, will be 33 N im still at miserable job at entry level.
I used to be high performing in college. Now my resume is like a joke :(
Read more : Have ruined my career | Views : 2988 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181070 • Total topics 184246 • Total members 226286