Our partner

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:11 pm

News News of Autism Forum

Site map of Autism Forum » Forum : Autism Forum

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Does he have Aspergers syndrome???

I have been in a relationship with my other half for a few months (have known him a good while longer) and am wondering if he may have Aspergers syndrome.

He's in his late twenties, has a successful career and is very witty and good fun, yet sometimes he acts selfish, childish and spoiled. I confided in a friend and they advised me that this may not be the case at all, and he may ...
Read more : Does he have Aspergers syndrome??? | Views : 2421 | Replies : 2

Evaluated for Autism

So for several months now I have speculated that I might suffer from either a personality disorder (obsessive compulsive) or an autism spectrum disorder. After bringing it up with family and my primary care doctor I was sort of laughed at and not taken very seriously. It didn't really hurt my feelings much because I realize that seeking a diagnosis as an adult is more challenging.

Anyways, I finally went to a Neuropsychologist and went ...
Read more : Evaluated for Autism | Views : 1813 | Replies : 2

Removing Autism label?

Hi. I have been diagnosed with Autism at the age of 11. I have never liked being labeled with such a diagnosis and it has done me only harm, and my mother only benefits with her welfare pays because of it. The diagnosis is harmful to me, because I feel it would be a reason for me to be locked up in a mental institution because of the autistic school shootings. Or used against me ...
Read more : Removing Autism label? | Views : 3870 | Replies : 8

A few questions for autists?

1. I developed normally, but have, starting at about 15 years, had an increase in autistic symptoms. Sensory processing, mostly, but it's getting worse as time goes on. I'm 18 now, and can barely function. I hardly ever leave my room because the noise and my vision make it hard. Smells and tastes are suddenly too much for me, I can barely eat.
I was a normal kid, developmentally, though. Is this something that happens? ...
Read more : A few questions for autists? | Views : 2516 | Replies : 5

Am I autistic? Any suggestions?

I've always been a bit off, but now that I'm going to college and trying manage a normal life things have gotten really hard. I'm not looking for an internet diagnosis! I'm just asking for suggestions and maybe some possible reasons why I'd be struggling from these issues. I plan on going to a psychiatrist but I don't know if I can afford it.

The reason why I think I may have an autism spectrum ...
Read more : Am I autistic? Any suggestions? | Views : 1800 | Replies : 1

Everyone around me has always defined my by my Autism...

For as long as I can remember I was lied to that my entire identity would revolve around the fact that I was autistic, everything I did was always related to my autism, and everything I said or heard were dismissed merely on the fact that I was autistic, you see I got diagnosed around age 4 or 5, in my country this diagnosis is like a death sentence, or at-least you can never lead ...
Read more : Everyone around me has always defined my by my Autism... | Views : 1660 | Replies : 1

Looking to make friends who also have autism.

Please message me if you wish, I would like to talk to people like me. :)
Read more : Looking to make friends who also have autism. | Views : 1482 | Replies : 0

Not exactly sure if this is the right place to post this.

So as a kid I was diagnosed with somewhat severe autism/aspergers. Luckily I went through a lot of therapy and can function pretty normally now. I am not exactly sure if this is even something to do with autism or abnormal but one thing I have noticed all my life, is I am able to make very detailed scenarios and fantasies in my imagination. I have searched maladaptive daydreaming but I am pretty sure I ...
Read more : Not exactly sure if this is the right place to post this. | Views : 1504 | Replies : 1

I've had alot of people tell me I'm Autistic...

Yes. You read the title.

I'm a teen girl....and...I don't know what else to put...well...um...

symptoms...

*Bad with balance
*Hates Crowds
*Can't tie shoes
*Can't cut a straight line
*High IQ
*I obsess over EVERYTHING
*I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT look people in the eyes
*I can be social but sometimes I just can't
*I prefer being inside
*I have a plethora of made up characters
*I'd rather watch Spongebob than...whatever teen girls watch these days...
*Usually ...
Read more : I've had alot of people tell me I'm Autistic... | Views : 2097 | Replies : 4

I'm convinced that I am autistic.

Hey, I've posted here before under the child abuse forum, but I'm gonna be nice and pretty much tl;dr it here based on relevance.

Back at my first High School, I had an Individual Learning Program (IEP) which is basically modern-day Student Disability Services, even though I lacked any learning/mental/physical disability. With the IEP, I did awful academically. I lost my IEP in my Senior year when I moved to a different state, and I ...
Read more : I'm convinced that I am autistic. | Views : 1693 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181074 • Total topics 184247 • Total members 226291