Our partner

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:14 am

News News of Autism Forum

Site map of Autism Forum » Forum : Autism Forum

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Special Interests

Hi everyone!! What are your special interests?

Mine are birds, reading, communism, and disability rights.
Read more : Special Interests | Views : 14882 | Replies : 32

What helped you when you were a kid to feel better?

My mom's friend have a 4 years old child who was diagnosticated with mild austism, he's nonverbal and very agressive with his mom, but he's okay with touching and loud noises. The problem is that his mom is not well educated and she really doesn't know where to begin, she knows he needs a diet and he needs to go to therapy but far from that... nothing. I was searching here and there info about ...
Read more : What helped you when you were a kid to feel better? | Views : 3482 | Replies : 4

medicine side effects

Do you think those of us on the spectrum are more likely to have side effects than those not on the spectrum?
Read more : medicine side effects | Views : 2421 | Replies : 3

Does it sound like PPD-NOS?

I suspect I have PPD-NOS. My mother always said I look like an autist, but I've tried talking about it to some friends and they don't believe it. Maybe you guys understand it better and can tell me your impressions...
What makes me think I might have atypical autism:
1. I stim. A lot. I mostly bounce back and forth.
2. I'm very sensitive. I get anxious at loud environments. When I was younger I ...
Read more : Does it sound like PPD-NOS? | Views : 2215 | Replies : 4

Denial of autism

I'm reasonably certain my 2 years, 8 months old grandson is autistic. He has no language skills. He can repeat what someone says, but gives no meaning to the words, and he only started doing that in the last month or so. The only sounds he makes are grunts and screaming. His doctor wanted him to be evaluated at 18 months, but his parents refused and are still refusing, insisting that he is just developing ...
Read more : Denial of autism | Views : 2931 | Replies : 8

Misdiagnosed w/ Bipolar Disorder, but Suspect Asperger's?

*mod edit- duplicate post- please see thread here post1826994.html#p1826994
Read more : Misdiagnosed w/ Bipolar Disorder, but Suspect Asperger's? | Views : 2140 | Replies : 1

Can a non autistic person have common autistic stims ?

For example tensing up and putting hands to mouth when excited or imagining something.
Read more : Can a non autistic person have common autistic stims ? | Views : 13449 | Replies : 4

Self Harm and Autism

I'm 24, technically female and officially diagnosed with bipolar, borderline and PTSD. From an early age I was moved (due to eviction) frequently, abused emotionally and at times physically by my mother, amongst other things. These incidents make it difficult to determine if my traits are environmental or autism based. I will try and keep this short.

I was talking with a close friend (a bit older with a lot more life experience) about strange ...
Read more : Self Harm and Autism | Views : 3549 | Replies : 2

having trouble reading emotions

hi, i am having a bit of trouble with reading emotions
like a few days ago i told a joke when my mom was angry about the radio since it was staticy and she yelled at me and i felt bad
basically i have trouble telling if someone is angry or annoyed
just need quick advice on how i can tell if they are, thanks!
Read more : having trouble reading emotions | Views : 2233 | Replies : 3

Alexithymia

IS a "new" diagnosis that is often being misunderstood by laypersons as having a lack of emotion. As I understand it, is basically being bewildered by your own feelings. Before I ever found this thing I think I could have described my problems as the textbook definition of this diagnosis to my previous shrink who told me this is "aspbergian" in nature but said there may not be a name yet for what I describe. ...
Read more : Alexithymia | Views : 2023 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181073 • Total topics 184247 • Total members 226290