Our partner

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:05 pm

News News of Autism Forum

Site map of Autism Forum » Forum : Autism Forum

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

A drawing of a lighthouse

Hi

When my son was diagnosed with autism a few years back, i found a drawing somewhere on the web, that was the first clue into how the world of an asperger / autist (didnt really know the true words for it at the time) looks like.

It was a drawing of a lighthouse (saying that i have the ability to shine my light on subjects very far away and draw them near). And maybe ...
Read more : A drawing of a lighthouse | Views : 1034 | Replies : 8

fragile X syndrome

whilst fragile x is a genomic disorder it has some relation to autism

can anyone give me some help so as how the cognitive deficiency develops in this disorder?
Read more : fragile X syndrome | Views : 1092 | Replies : 3

What are the differences between HFA and Asperger's?

My therapist and doctor believe I have Aspergers. I also believe that my aunt is on the spectrum. I'm 100% sure. She even walked with a gait when young, and developed much slower than her twin, and she is below average intelligence (despite the fact she is an obsessive compulsive hoarder). I developed at a normal rate. Would this mean she is most likely HFA and I am Asperger's? What exactly are the differences?
Read more : What are the differences between HFA and Asperger's? | Views : 1390 | Replies : 6

Aspergers' Syndrome and Lack of Feeling/Morals

Hi, I just have a question, presuming there are some experts on this forum who could assist me. I am a 16-year-old female. Disregard my masculine screenname; this account was used by a friend.

Though I'm resistant to the suggestive thinking of strict labels and such, I do think that my diagnosis of Aspergers' syndrome three years ago has been very beneficial to my home, school and social lives. I do have one question though ...
Read more : Aspergers' Syndrome and Lack of Feeling/Morals | Views : 15914 | Replies : 23

possibly autism

Hey;

I was told by a psychiatrist that I am learning disabled rather than autistic, and was wondering if it is possible that I am both. After all, tests can be in error.
I do not communicate 99% of the time, even with those I am very close to. I have been combative at times, when I was younger I hung out with people much younger than myself, (I was a teen hanging out with ...
Read more : possibly autism | Views : 819 | Replies : 1

Problem with fake crying

When it's too quiet, my son has started a habit of fake crying and QUITE LOUDLY. Not only that, he wants me to participate!

He seems overly empathic I think. He has a problem with forcefully kissing and hugging people when they're crying or even if they just look upset (he reads emotions quite well).

Does anyone else have a problem with loud fake crying? Have you tried anything to stop it?

-- Sun ...
Read more : Problem with fake crying | Views : 2234 | Replies : 1

Does this sound like autism?

Hello folks, I'm new here, and I need a bit of help.

A few people have said I might be autistic. If I am, I would sum up the way it affects me as:

A debilitating inability to stop learning and start doing.

Does this strikes a chord with anyone?

Thanks. (Nearly forgot to put that)
Read more : Does this sound like autism? | Views : 1004 | Replies : 4

What do I do with this kid?!

My son is six and is very social (inappropriately so). His biggest issues are that he doesn't speak and doesn't really know how to communicate verbally, as well as being hyperactive. Otherwise, he seems almost like your typical kid. Better at music than most, but still. He CAN speak and will read (he taught himself) and sing with no problem. He also likes to find teaching books at the book store and I've noticed that ...
Read more : What do I do with this kid?! | Views : 811 | Replies : 3

Re: help handeling autism brother

Hi I have an austism brother i forget what type but i can describe it he has trouble looking into people eyes he has speech problems and he a tempered problem which i need help with. my brother has these moods where he says stuff and he gets really sensitive also when he gets mad he starts yelling and hitting i dont know what to do what do you think i should do. We tell ...
Read more : Re: help handeling autism brother | Views : 1073 | Replies : 2

Urinating in bedroom?

I have been caring for an eleven year old with severe autism for six years. Around six months ago I came home to find a carer had him locked in his room.. it eventuated that he had hit her and she'd locked him in his room to keep herself safe (not that he's capable of causing much harm). Since then he has been urinating in his room. Anyone have any ideas how to stop this? ...
Read more : Urinating in bedroom? | Views : 1084 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181070 • Total topics 184246 • Total members 226287