Our partner

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 pm

News News of Autism Forum

Site map of Autism Forum » Forum : Autism Forum

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

need to do the right thing

So I have posted on here before. I am seeking some advice, counsel, guidance, on a concern about my boyfriend's 5 year old son that presents some autistic traits. my boyfriend himself has Asperger's; his son has not been officially diagnosed (matters not). my issue at hand is how to handle his son's food pickiness, aversions etc. I am aware that kids are generally picky, and aversion to change can constitute as a autism characteristic. ...
Read more : need to do the right thing | Views : 1313 | Replies : 3

Moving severely autistic child into her own bed.

My 4 yo daughter sleeps in with me she is very routine bound. But it's causing problems in my relationship that me and my husband sleep in seperate beds so I have to move her. She also wanders through the night and does dangerous things any tips on how to safely move her into her own bed, with as little stress as possible.
Read more : Moving severely autistic child into her own bed. | Views : 1321 | Replies : 2

What assistance can my illiterate friend get, he is an adult

I have a friend who I suspect has dyslexia. I'm not a doctor or clinical psychologist but after reading about various reading disorders I think dyslexia matches best. He cannot write and has a difficult time reading, often failing to correctly read even simple sentences in text messages. This is affecting him in that he cannot get a job that requires a personality test because he cannot read the questions sufficiently. Also people do not ...
Read more : What assistance can my illiterate friend get, he is an adult | Views : 1177 | Replies : 0

Anyone want to vent about how autism is depicted--THIS day?

>:[ Oh what a day to be talking about this!.Don't get me started on the resonance of World autism awareness day being right after April fool's day >_< !.I’ll vent first

-_- I am cheesed right now >:( .So predictably often >~< when you do hear about autism in the news it's about (i)a possible cause or treatment,(ii)how it affects little kids,(iii) "savants" or those very accomplished in a field particulary in STEM (science,technology,engineering and ...
Read more : Anyone want to vent about how autism is depicted--THIS day? | Views : 1517 | Replies : 0

Repetitive phrases?

The guy I know who suffers from autism tends to be very respective in his use of phrases. Does this constitute ecolalia or just common to to the autistic spectrum in general?
Read more : Repetitive phrases? | Views : 1374 | Replies : 2

Is Autism really that "bad"?

All I hear in lectures, all I read in books and all I see in documentaries is how bad it is to live with autism. I have never heard, seen or read any real positive things, but I do wonder if that is really how it is....

Neurotypicals often say they can't grasp my ideas, but I also can't graps theirs... Take Russia and Ukraine these days, I just can't grasp why the leaders of ...
Read more : Is Autism really that "bad"? | Views : 4264 | Replies : 17

Do I sound autistic?

I would be a very high functioning autistic person if I had it but I'm honestly starting to wonder if I do. Another explanation would be I grew up as a really awkward kid and I just need to suck it up and function normally. I've actually been doing the latter and it seems to work, I just have be conscious of how I act.

I know my parents thought I might be when I ...
Read more : Do I sound autistic? | Views : 2960 | Replies : 7

Autism

Hello I have intellectual disability I was wondering what the chance I could have autism co-morbid with it or something else co-morbid with it I have a cousin that has ADHD and my aunt said they believe some of her grand kids have it too I believe I have something else wrong with beside intellectual disability
Read more : Autism | Views : 1189 | Replies : 1

Catatonia Deterioration Associated with Autism

Hello,

Does anyone have any references/information regarding the diagnosis of Catatonia Deterioration Associated with Autism? Any information will be greatly appreciated :)
Read more : Catatonia Deterioration Associated with Autism | Views : 1604 | Replies : 2

Common sense and HFA

I know someone with HFA, who it took a long time for them to understand social skills. for some reason he doesn't understand humor and ttys to hard to be funny, also he has no common sense. my cousin also suffers from Aspergers syndrome and is the same way. Is this common to the autism spectrum and if so could someone explain why those 2 things are to me.
Read more : Common sense and HFA | Views : 2752 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2180856 • Total topics 184226 • Total members 225765