Our partner

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:02 am

News News of Autism Forum

Site map of Autism Forum » Forum : Autism Forum

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Need book for self diagnosis

I am constantly described as introspective by my therapists, and intelligent(iq 120ish).
So although you arnt suppose to self diagnose, I have to pretty much.

I think I have BPD which went undiagnosed for 10 years after seeing 20 professionals "oh some might say you are cluster C". yea yea.

So anyway I am pretty low functioning compared to my peers, I took an online Autism test and I came back as likely.

I saw ...
Read more : Need book for self diagnosis | Views : 1255 | Replies : 0

Book recommendations for studying autism at academic level?

There are 2 disorders I have a strong interest in, I wanted to read about them at an advanced level before my degree starts next year. I know this is a support forum, but I would appreciate any recommendations, thanks guys!

I mean, I want to do something to help.. if I am not cut out to be a therapist I would like to eventually do research into more effective treatment for the harder to ...
Read more : Book recommendations for studying autism at academic level? | Views : 1296 | Replies : 1

Autistic adult desperately seeking treatment

I was diagnosed with high-functioning Autism at about 12 after an intensive personality inventory and IQ test, but nobody ever told me what that meant, what to expect, or what to do about it (also have SPD, schizoaffective bipolar type 2, and ADD), and I'm now 37 and NEED to find any kind of heatlhcare that can help me with this stuff. I've tried every way I can, none of my many doctors have ever ...
Read more : Autistic adult desperately seeking treatment | Views : 1574 | Replies : 6

Evaluations

I was wondering if anyone here has either taken or administered the GADS or the Social Responsiveness Scale - 2. I just picked up my assessment results today and here's what it says:

GADS:
ASD Quotient of 82 (high/probable range of displaying behaviors and symptomatology of those diagnosed with Asperger's.
Significant difficulties with cognitive patterns and pragmatic skills.
Restricted patterns of behavior were less impaired, relative strength was in the are of social interaction.

SRS ...
Read more : Evaluations | Views : 1203 | Replies : 0

My new counselor

Hello I've been seeing a counselor for a while and he was a counsel for 25 or 30 years now I'm seeing a woman because he left and went to work somewhere else I saw her for the first time a few days ago she had me to update information and she asked me if I had ever been tested for autism she said she noticed some autistic traits they are treating me for depressive ...
Read more : My new counselor | Views : 1250 | Replies : 3

Do you understand what it means?

Hello!

I am writing from my little corner of Northern Europe.
My 9 yrs old boy just received a Neuropsychiatric diagnostic and I try to make sense of what it really means.

Diagnostic: DMS-IV 299.80 F84.9

He also did a "WISC-IV" test and got the following results:

General Ability Index: 70 perc. 102-113
Verbal function : 45 perc. 91-105
Perception* function: 90 perc. 110-125
Working memory*: 27 perc. 84-99
Speed* : 27 perc 83-101

*own ...
Read more : Do you understand what it means? | Views : 1330 | Replies : 1

I am shaking with rage!

My daughter has autism and has a special needs aid for school. Well at bedtime today she started crying. Because the special needs aid told her she would cut her tongue of with scissors if she kept talking.

I am very angry her aid shod have known she would take it literally. I am going down to play hell in the morning.

My poor daughter must of been terrified.
Read more : I am shaking with rage! | Views : 2469 | Replies : 11

Is This a Common Trait in Autism?

Is not being able to "emote oneself" a common trait in Autism? Another way to look at this is not being able to "prove oneself". For example, being really good at certain disciplines, but when it comes to showing others how good at those disciplines one is, the person cannot do it. The person just kind of 'shuts down'. Is this Autism?

What a profound way to live one's life. Christ was all about not ...
Read more : Is This a Common Trait in Autism? | Views : 1586 | Replies : 2

Can ADHD and OCD be misdiagnosed as autism?

I was originally diagnosed with autism, but that doesn't really fit me. I got diagnosed with autism because I was a bad kid and my parents were poor immigrants desperate for money.
Most of my social difficulties seem to be caused by ADHD and upbringing. My obsessions seem to be more Pure-O than autistic. I do have some "special interests", but I think that's because my dad is a huge nerd and I was imitating ...
Read more : Can ADHD and OCD be misdiagnosed as autism? | Views : 2145 | Replies : 4

social status in group

Hello
I don't know if this is the correct board to post to, please correct me if I am wrong.
FYI: I have been diagnosed with PDD-NOS

I am very confident with getting to know groups. I have a lot of experience with this, I am able to show interest in everyone around me and people seem exited to get to know me. This is a lot of fun if you put a group of ...
Read more : social status in group | Views : 1265 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181074 • Total topics 184247 • Total members 226290