Our partner

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:23 am

News News of Autism Forum

Site map of Autism Forum » Forum : Autism Forum

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

autism and math

are autist people good or bad in math?
Read more : autism and math | Views : 3573 | Replies : 11

Research: Social problems

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get to know more about autism and problems on the social area, but I can find very little on this subject. Would you mind answering some questions for me? It would help me a lot in understanding people with autism so I can assist them a bit better on my job!

What are the most prominent social problems you encounter regularly?

Is it easier to talk to strangers or ...
Read more : Research: Social problems | Views : 2188 | Replies : 4

coming to terms with autism

I've been trying to fight autism my whole life, I believe I had it beaten out of me and developed bpd because of it.

I am high functioning and i get misdiagnosed npd a lot but i take advice literally which made my previous psychologist look bad.

I still have not been officially diagnosed because i am high iq but my longest relationship is only a measly 2 months.

I am on medication for bpd, ...
Read more : coming to terms with autism | Views : 1403 | Replies : 0

New job!

Well, I will be leaving my Supported Housing position of 6 years and transferring to a position at a group home for people with mental health diagnoses. I'm going to miss my peeps and coworkers so much! It has been a great learning experience. It's time to move on, however, and I feel that this will be my niche. I've already trained for two days there, and the assistant manager praised me for how well ...
Read more : New job! | Views : 1328 | Replies : 0

autistic mother

I think my mother is autistic. At least this is what my father has always been telling me. She seems to not understand nor read people's emotions. She just doesn't react when she sees emotions. How can I tell if she is autistic?
Read more : autistic mother | Views : 1425 | Replies : 1

try this treatment for autism

This might work in children, not sure if it might work in all adults though.

Work up to 30 minutes cardio a day

Take high dose magnesium with b6
3 grams fish oil a day
3 grams unrefined virgin cold pressed coconut oil a day
Add a small amount of Blueberries and carrots to the diet (best anti oxidants)

So this primes the brain for neuroplasticity.

So basic mindfulness meditation. It is focusing on the ...
Read more : try this treatment for autism | Views : 1368 | Replies : 0

4yr old son

I'm pretty sure there is something "wrong " with my son. From day 1 I thought there way. He used to twist his hands constantly, from 4 weeks old until he could walk around 2. He never looked at us, never sat up until 10 months, walked at 2, commando crawled at 14 months.
He learnt a few words then "forgot" them, and became mute. Ended up in speech therapy and learnt sign language. He ...
Read more : 4yr old son | Views : 2402 | Replies : 2

Difficulties relating to people

I have often been told I am slightly off in the way I present myself and deal with social interactions. When I was a child I had no real friends and no friendship skills, but at 11 I decided I desperately wanted friendship and caring relationships in my life.

It feels as though ever since I made the commitment to find friends, it has been an uphill struggle, (with rewarding successes along the way) to ...
Read more : Difficulties relating to people | Views : 5667 | Replies : 4

No Jury Duty For Me!!! :)

Well, for the first time in my 31 years, I received a jury summons in the mail. How convenient is it that it happened to be the day before an appointment with my psychiatrist? I showed it to her, and she said that the office can complete a copy that permanently excuses me from jury duty. Yes! :D
Read more : No Jury Duty For Me!!! :) | Views : 1861 | Replies : 2

Can you please read this

How do I know if I have High Functioning Autism or not?
Read more : Can you please read this | Views : 1478 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181066 • Total topics 184246 • Total members 226282