Our partner

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:31 am

News News of Autism Forum

Site map of Autism Forum » Forum : Autism Forum

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Concerns about diagnostic criteria C for ASD and CD

Some concerns with diagnostic criteria C for Autism Spectrum Disorder and Social (Pragmatic) and other Commutation Disorders

Diagnostic criteria for Autism Spectrum Disorder:

A. Persistent deficits in social communication and social
interaction across multiple contexts, as manifested by all of
the following, currently or by history (examples are illustrative,
not exhaustive; see text):

1. Deficits in social-emotional reciprocity, ranging, for
example, from abnormal social approach and failure of
normal back-and-forth conversation; to reduced sharing of ...
Read more : Concerns about diagnostic criteria C for ASD and CD | Views : 1163 | Replies : 6

Need help with something…

I need help understanding something.

I’m getting an evaluation done on may 1st. What should I excpect in my evaluation?

I read up on this, but nothing really is said to explain much.
Read more : Need help with something… | Views : 2336 | Replies : 2

I can only work in things I'm passionate about

If I try to do something like a restaurant job, or a hotel front desk job, I get so frustrated because I can't concentrate. I just blank out and can't get anything done. The only two fields I have trained my mind to like are Cannabis and Music. I am 26 years old and just now going to college in the fall, for Cannabis Cultivation. Finally putting my life together. It was tough living in ...
Read more : I can only work in things I'm passionate about | Views : 1613 | Replies : 0

Question about fantasy prone personality

I sometimes have a fantasy prone personality, I asked myself for a long time if it is related the Autism Spectrum Disorder, Schizotypal Personality Disorder/Schizotypal Personality Disorder or Schizoid Personality Disorder.
Read more : Question about fantasy prone personality | Views : 1971 | Replies : 0

Neurodiversity and hypersexuality

I'm really hoping I can get some advice here because I'm approaching the end of my tether :-(

My partner is neurodiverse and in 95% of our marriage that's not a problem. I'm able to understand and support her. There's nothing I'd change about her there. The problem is her relationship with sex.

Right from the start of our relationship, we've had problems communicating in this area. ...
Read more : Neurodiversity and hypersexuality | Views : 2957 | Replies : 4

My first psychiatric crisis was because i didn´t play what i

My first psychiatric crisis was because i didn´t play what i wanted the most to play ( they were violent games); to be self-controlled; and i solved that issue masturbating instead of playing those games; andafter i did it i didn´t have psychiatric crisis; other thing about myself is that i don´t believe that every conspiracy theories is false; insted of that i believe i have to find the false info in every conspiracy theory ...
Read more : My first psychiatric crisis was because i didn´t play what i | Views : 6069 | Replies : 14

I feel like i'm going insane

Hi, so i'm a girl (not diagnosed for anyting, idk what's happening with me but i think it's something idk) in her second year of uni, and since i started lessons when they we're online, i never actually had real lessons. Turns out they're not that great :(. They bring a lot of stress and irritations with them. I had a morning full of lessons today, and ...
Read more : I feel like i'm going insane | Views : 3192 | Replies : 2

Is There a Test?

Both of my sisters and I think that I am on the spectrum. Mom, however, flatly denies it, stating how social I was as a baby.

There are more examples I can use. To list a few, I was toilet trained late, I spoke late (I assembled a simple radio kit before I learned to talk), I was constantly experimenting, connecting different speakers to get various tones and volumes, and I had no concept of ...
Read more : Is There a Test? | Views : 2394 | Replies : 2

Am i on the autistic spectrum?

i’m afraid to come across as an attention seeking but i have this thought laying around my mind for quite some time now and i just want some clarity.
This is my first post here so im sorry for not knowing how things works here ahah

p.s. im sorry for my writing style but my brain works in bullet points hahah

(english is not my first language)

my childhood was strange, i don’t remember it ...
Read more : Am i on the autistic spectrum? | Views : 3494 | Replies : 2

Sensory Toys and Widgets

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this. Do fidget and sensory toys actually help children with autism?
Read more : Sensory Toys and Widgets | Views : 2711 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2180870 • Total topics 184226 • Total members 225791