Our partner

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:39 pm

News News of Asperger's Syndrome Forum

Site map of Asperger's Syndrome Forum » Forum : Asperger's Syndrome Forum

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Getting Stressed Out When Things Are Moved/Changed

This is my first time posting here, and I was hoping to get some input. I've been to multiple psychiatrists, and I've had so many different labels thrown at me (ADHD, OCD, Social Anxiety, ASD/AD, Depression, etc.). I feel like I have a bunch of varying/overlapping issues and no clear understanding of how certain symptoms correspond to a particular disorder. One thing that I often read about with ASD/Asperger's is a dislike for change. I ...
Read more : Getting Stressed Out When Things Are Moved/Changed | Views : 1882 | Replies : 1

Interpretation of Matt 24:17

I tried talking to other people about my interpretation of Matt 24:17 and they all disagreed with me, apparently not even knowing why I thought that way on the first place. So, this time, let me present it a little bit differently. Before talking about that verse, let me talk about my own childhood, and then you will see exactly why I read that verse the way I do.

I am originally from Russia (I ...
Read more : Interpretation of Matt 24:17 | Views : 1892 | Replies : 1

Aspie BF with traumatized GF sex problems

Hi all. I hope this posts finds you well. I have a dilemma and no one to turn to really.
My boyfriend has aspergers and he’s very sexual which isn’t a problem except he tells me that’s like the only way to bond with him and me coming from a sexually traumatic background that’s the last thing I want to hear and as a result of my background I am not very sexual. The problem ...
Read more : Aspie BF with traumatized GF sex problems | Views : 2089 | Replies : 8

When NTs acts aspergerish about certain topics...........

Why isn't it criticized?

Some preliminary stuff. Read this link I found on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aspergers/comm ... in_topics/

With that said, I notice with those two topics, patriotism and religion, NTs act very ASPERGERISH. I'm not religious (at least not into the mainstream major religions such as Hinduism, etc). But I've been diagnosed as NT and I'm definitely a huge patriot who believes America is the GREATEST COUNTRY on EARTH ...
Read more : When NTs acts aspergerish about certain topics........... | Views : 1707 | Replies : 1

Rejection?

I'm currently diagnosed with Asperger, I've been told I'm a high level one whatever that mean; by currently I've had other diagnoses and I'm awaiting another evalutation from a neuropsychologist, I might make an update (to this post) or a follow-up on this.

I'm purposefully omitting things trying to be as anonymous as possible while still getting help. I've been involved in a social activity for some time. I've been rejected by a good portion ...
Read more : Rejection? | Views : 1502 | Replies : 1

How do you get your emotional needs met?

Do you ask directly? Do you ask indirectly? Do manipulate? Does what you do work? Are you apt to meet the emotional needs of other people when they need it? Do you have difficulty focusing on others? How do you feel when you miss a cue and hurt someone inadvertently?
Read more : How do you get your emotional needs met? | Views : 1936 | Replies : 3

My own advice: the meta message

(pulled from another thread): advice I should take more often myself

I think the secret lies in striking a balance between the message and the other-message. The message being: you do vwxyz and it bothers me. The other message being: how *could* you do that? It's related to the idea that in everyone there exists both an adult and a child. Provided you've phrased it correctly, the adult hears the message. But the child still ...
Read more : My own advice: the meta message | Views : 1234 | Replies : 0

Relationship issues between a NT and and Aspie

I am six months into a relationship/ friendship with an Aspie. Last night I had the text that said "I just want to be your friend and I feel pressured in to giving you more but it is not what I want and I don't know what to do".

We have been friends for a couple of years and there was always an incredible attraction between us. We couldn't keep our hands off each other ...
Read more : Relationship issues between a NT and and Aspie | Views : 1403 | Replies : 0

How did you find out?

That you had Asperger's? Did you suspect something was wrong before you heard the news?
Read more : How did you find out? | Views : 1328 | Replies : 0

sex- (taboo, I know. feel free to skip over)

(This is an excerpt from another thread)

Does sex feel frustrating/disappointing?

I can relate to craving something, without being able to articulate quite what, and a profound disappointment at the difference between what I imagine and what is.

Do you experience this craving as an emptiness within yourself or a kind of deficit in your partner? (Or both?)

For me, I've always seen it as a deficit in my partner (few as those partners ...
Read more : sex- (taboo, I know. feel free to skip over) | Views : 1959 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2181074 • Total topics 184247 • Total members 226293