Our partner

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

News News of Anti-Psych Forum

Site map of Anti-Psych Forum » Forum : Anti-Psych Forum

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Categories are Not Science

I propose that categories are not science.

Categories are ideas, not material things. Therefore, they are not empirical. Moreover, no scientific experiment can determine whether a category exists. Experiments find correlation between independent and dependent variables. Thus, they cannot determine categorical existence.

Therefore, the entire DSM is bull crap.
Read more : Categories are Not Science | Views : 562 | Replies : 0

Gary Brecka on Folic Acid

Has anyone read up on Gary Brecka's insights into Folic Acid? Or listened to a podcast he's been on? He was just on the JRE podcast as well.
What he has to say about folic acid's negative effects on anxiety is fascinating. The way he was talking about nutrition's impact on how you think/feel was something I hadn't really thought of before. Highly recommend giving it a listen.
Read more : Gary Brecka on Folic Acid | Views : 1013 | Replies : 0

Falsified medical records

Hello,

I just want to know if I'm the only one with falsified medical records on here? WHY would they even think to do that? Then everyone believes what the NP, RN, CNA, MD, etc. stated and don't want to hear or believe what I say. I never literally threatened any small children, and I should've never been locked up to begin with. Plus, this one family member who blows up what is a minor ...
Read more : Falsified medical records | Views : 1164 | Replies : 1

Buddy in his 70s first time pschosis

I wrote out the story but Im upset dear friend like family going through the psychosis hell.

Do my best knowing what I know having been through the hell myself try and guide in the right directions best I can.

I wrote out the story in more detail then deleted. I will say he is in bad shape thinks family is imposters. A stress anxiety snowball as far as I can tell lead to it. ...
Read more : Buddy in his 70s first time pschosis | Views : 1735 | Replies : 4

23 days off.. Son of a..

Hi guys, I keep trying to find the right forum for what i'm going through, this one seems fine but not very active?

Was on citalopram and olanzapine for over 4 years. Forced to switch to haldol/bupropion and became suicidal for 3 months then switched to abilify and bupropion for another 3 months remained suicdal and came off everything.

I thought I was doing fine until today. I'm thinking... was I wrong? Am I really ...
Read more : 23 days off.. Son of a.. | Views : 2689 | Replies : 4

Antipsychotics take 20 years off lifespan

Research shows "Antipsychotics" are very deadly
There are 2 sections in this post:

Randomized placebo studies

Other mortality studies

Randomized placebo studies

There are several major difficulties with finding randomized mortality studies for antipsychotics. The first being that the "placebo" group is in fact an abrupt withdrawal group(1). The second being that the studies are usually of young people and for such a short time that not enough deaths occur to have significant data.

However, ...
Read more : Antipsychotics take 20 years off lifespan | Views : 1437 | Replies : 1

Mortality research shows Antidepressants are very deadly

A 10 year study published in 2022 found use of any "antidepressant" increased all cause mortality by 86%-223%%(1).

This study replicates a meta-analysis which found that when adjusting for pre-medicated levels of depression the drugs increased all cause mortality by 49% for SSRI, 75% for other, and 26% for TCA's.(1). This meta-analysis contained corporate funded studies.

The 2022 study was a very large study containing over 220,000 people.

Pro-drug biases/flaws

1- excluded participants on antidepressant ...
Read more : Mortality research shows Antidepressants are very deadly | Views : 1471 | Replies : 0

Using AI to write articles on harms of psychiatry

This is my first attempt using https://bard.google.com/

THIS IS VERY LONG BECAUSE I COPY PASTED ALL THIS TEXT GENERATED BY THE AI.

There is a growing body of evidence that suggests that psychiatry may harm more people than it helps. Here are some of the ways in which psychiatry can be harmful:

Overdiagnosis and overmedication: Psychiatric diagnoses are often made too quickly and easily, and people are often ...
Read more : Using AI to write articles on harms of psychiatry | Views : 1520 | Replies : 2

April Burrell: Treat Lupus, Cure Schizophrenia

"The awakening of April - and the successful treatment of other people with similar conditions - now stand to transform care for some of psychiatry's sickest patients, many of whom are languishing in mental institutions.

Researchers working with the New York State mental healthcare system have identified about 200 patients with autoimmune diseases, some institutionalized for years, who may be helped by the discovery."

https://news.yahoo.com/catatonic-woman-awakened-20-years-170930389.html

"Markx ordered a full workup on April, and ...
Read more : April Burrell: Treat Lupus, Cure Schizophrenia | Views : 1584 | Replies : 1

Use Twitter to expose psychiatric abuse

Twitter has so many mental health hastags seems to me a good way to expose the abuses of the psych and pharma industry is to just quickly hit each hashtag with a few words and a link to any critical article or website exposing their crimes and abuses.

I find twitter to be totally lame because unless your famous there is little or no interaction or conversation with anyone but it is a quick way ...
Read more : Use Twitter to expose psychiatric abuse | Views : 1293 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2180855 • Total topics 184226 • Total members 225755